Game Fair 2025

enfieldspares

I dreamed last night I went to the Game Fair. In 2025 it was. 

I was walking past the BASC and BGA stands with some friends. Proudly pointing out to them the posh high line specification all electric staff Range Rovers alongside. I was proud I'd not heeded the naysayers and stuck with the lot at Marford Mill. "Look. Look at those lovely vehicles. I've paid for them." I said.

It was a comfort to me, when, later in the dream after walking the serried lines of corduroy trouser outlets and check shirt vendors we got to the three stands on what they still called Gunmakers' Row. Where the dealers then told me that my cherished English side-by-side was now worth not even fifty percent of what I paid for but a decade or so previous.

With the sucking of teeth, the shrug of the shoulders and the sympathetic words: "Steel shot mate. You see nobody wants them now. What did you pay? How much? I'll give you half. Best you'll get. Take it off your hands now for cash. A contact in America might want it"

And how do you stop a dream like that? 

WAKE UP! 

And come renewal time in 2019 take your money elsewhere...

Edited by enfieldspares

42 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

WAKE UP! 

Where precisely? Down the racecourse? The dog track? Because that’s likely the only “sport” we’ll have left..........if everyone does as you suggest!

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

I dreamed last night I went to the Game Fair. In 2025 it was. 

I was walking past the BASC and BGA stands with some friends. Proudly pointing out to them the posh high line specification all electric staff Range Rovers alongside. I was proud I'd not heeded the naysayers and stuck with the lot at Marford Mill. "Look. Look at those lovely vehicles. I've paid for them." I said.

It was a comfort to me, when, later in the dream after walking the serried lines of corduroy trouser outlets and check shirt vendors we got to the three stands on what they still called Gunmakers' Row. Where the dealers then told me that my cherished English side-by-side was now worth not even fifty percent of what I paid for but a decade or so previous.

With the sucking of teeth, the shrug of the shoulders and the sympathetic words: "Steel shot mate. You see nobody wants them now. What did you pay? How much? I'll give you half. Best you'll get. Take it off your hands now for cash. A contact in America might want it"

And how do you stop a dream like that? 

WAKE UP! 

My dreams seem very different to yours. Much less corduroy and many more women! 

52 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I had a dream last night that I was in a ‘relationship’ with Gerry Halliwell. I woke up in such a sweat I thought I had Coronavirus. 

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I prefer your dreams 👍🏻

1 hour ago, AVB said:

I had a dream last night that I was in a ‘relationship’ with Gerry Halliwell. I woke up in such a sweat I thought I had Coronavirus. 

We’re you that frightened?