Mamod static steam engine

AVB

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv'e got 3 myself still boxed and possibly unused. Keep thinking about getting shut but never get round to it. Steam roller and a traction engine plus something I cant see properly at the back of some cuboards. lol

Edited by bear-uk

i always wanted one of these as a kid but never got one ,then when my father passed away my mum found one amongst my old mans clutter 

i havent shown my 3 yr old granson yet better check with his mum maybe i should find my old control line airplane out

14 hours ago, bear62 said:

i always wanted one of these as a kid but never got one ,then when my father passed away my mum found one amongst my old mans clutter 

i havent shown my 3 yr old granson yet better check with his mum maybe i should find my old control line airplane out

We had daughters, but now I have a 9 year old grandson, I am revisiting all the childhood stuff. He loves the steam engines and is getting better at the Airfix models (not that I let him do much yet).

It'll be the lathe next!

On 13/03/2020 at 11:54, enfieldspares said:

Heck they were rich kids' toys back in the early 1970s when I was a school. Not that I might not have been a rich kid but, coming from a shooting family, we had a BSA Airsporter Mk1 and a BSA Meteor instead. As for model static steam engines if I wanted to see one working I could see a real one if I asked my father to take me down to tne family factory to spend a day with "Uncle Ken" in the steamhouse.

Im 70 next week   Just got my first Airsporter  Bit of catching up to do

6 hours ago, amateur said:

We had daughters, but now I have a 9 year old grandson, I am revisiting all the childhood stuff. He loves the steam engines and is getting better at the Airfix models (not that I let him do much yet).

It'll be the lathe next!

i did start looking at 410's awhile back😁