725 to F16

Chrissmith0881

I have a 725, but have had no issues with it.  I did test drive an F16 but felt that it was er................awful  !   I still have the 725.  I looked at an F3 last week, that did not inspire me either. I think you have to be Beretta orientated to live with the Blaser  ?

11 hours ago, Chrissmith0881 said:

Had a few issues with my browning not firing the second barrel it's been back 3 times and I'm a bit fed up of it! Also I have shot the blaser and quite like it and fancy a change but don't want to regret my choice.

Is this the dreaded trigger release issue? Shot a round with a mate Sunday and he kept doing it. Must have cost him 5 birds. Tbf he is a very occasional shotgun shooter but it is a known issue. 

25 minutes ago, Mr.C said:

Is this the dreaded trigger release issue? Shot a round with a mate Sunday and he kept doing it. Must have cost him 5 birds. Tbf he is a very occasional shotgun shooter but it is a known issue. 

No it's not its apparently something to do with the firing pins. I usually shoot bottom barrel first but if I change the selector to shot top barrel first that is when it does it. And it's nearly every time

14 minutes ago, sam triple said:

just bought an f16 felt really light and nimble compared to the Browning 525 that I p/xd  it for not had a chance shoot it yet as my back decided to go last weekend

The F16 will probably feel really light after my 725 then

I posted this earlier regards someone else asking about an f16 - as you can see I feel as though I cant miss with it I love it

Couldn't tell you about the older ones, or any issues arising from them, but I bought an f16 sporter which maybe wouldn't suit your rough shooting needs as its no lightweight. One of my shooting mates has the game model and loves it too, I just preferred the feel of the sporter.

I absolutely love it and I shoot mostly driven game, with some walked stuff now and again.

Its on of those guns that just seems to fit perfectly straight out of the box, its well balanced with an excellent trigger.

I happen to like plain uncluttered actions, and I think its stunning if you choose a nice bit of wood to compliment it. Its very Germanic if you know what I mean

Confidence, confidence, confidence. If you don't have confidence that it'll shoot well it won't shoot well. Your mind will be "will it or won't it" not on taking the target properly. I had two SMLE rifles. One would all day shoot into three inches at one hundred yards. Consistently. It wouldn't shoot any better. But it would never shoot any worse. I had confidence. The other wouldn't. I got rid of it. Confidence. If it doesn't shoot get rid.

10 hours ago, Chrissmith0881 said:

No it's not its apparently something to do with the firing pins. I usually shoot bottom barrel first but if I change the selector to shot top barrel first that is when it does it. And it's nearly every time

The F16 will probably feel really light after my 725 then

The 725 has the same pitting issues with the firing pins that they've always had with the older generation, but they've done nothing to fix it so I assume they've been in denial about it since the 70s. As for the weight, a mate's F16 sporter weighs 8lb 3oz so it's heavier than the 725 sporter and heavier than most Beretta 6xx series guns. The F16 game version is very light though, too light as a serious clays gun but great for carrying around.

I would pick the F16 sporter over anything from Miroku/Browning and any of the Beretta 6xx series.