H&N Baracuda FT 4.51MM

Arron yeates

Had a quick fettle just whilst i had 30 mins spare whilst on my own.

Ok only had the back garden 20 meters..

My Brocock bantam sniper Hr is extremly accurate with H&N Baracuda Match 4.52mm.

Today i tried the H&NBaracuda FT 4.51mm... heres the results from 20m

Shot count: 15
Low: 719
Hi: 731
Avg: 726
STD Dev: 3.4
Spread: 12.0

Can anyone tell me the ft lbs please?

Group on the left my hand side is the above 5 shots at 20m Baracuda FT

The group on the right none hand side is the usual baracuda match 4.52mm the bantam likes only at 10.4 grain there slower but seem accurate

20200313_134008.jpg

1 hour ago, Arron yeates said:

Had a quick fettle just whilst i had 30 mins spare whilst on my own.

Ok only had the back garden 20 meters..

My Brocock bantam sniper Hr is extremly accurate with H&N Baracuda Match 4.52mm.

Today i tried the H&NBaracuda FT 4.51mm... heres the results from 20m

Shot count: 15
Low: 719
Hi: 731
Avg: 726
STD Dev: 3.4
Spread: 12.0
 Going off 9.5 grain pellet weight
731 = 11.27
726 = 11.12
724 = 11.06
721 = 10.97
728 = 11.18
719 = 10.91
 Average - 11.12

20200313_134008.jpg

The formula

Multiply the product of the weight of the pellet (in grains) times the square of the velocity and divide that number by 450240. 

Below 8 grain pellet at 800 feet per second

5.jpeg.jpg.3d8e78ba9d226463051fcff2a9726fcb.jpg

Edited by Newbie to this

14 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

If i was to put a good guess on the bc of the ft s .id put it at 0.022 .

Might actually test them at the weekend and find out if im correct  .

Have a check. I need to stretch them out but not in this wind.. would be pointless lol as id be looking for better accuracy than the baracuda match 4.52mm 10.4 grains

4 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

The formula

Multiply the product of the weight of the pellet (in grains) times the square of the velocity and divide that number by 450240. 

Below 8 grain pellet at 800 feet per second

Thanks mate

3 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Ive found that they have pretty much the same trajectory as the 10.4 grns and the 9.4 grn hunter extreem .possibly a touch less drop but not a lot  .An 8.44 grn jsb is much flatter  

Id have to check. However if the FTs are traveling 30fps faster but lighterin weight. Is there any benerfit over the baracuda match that are slightly slower but heavier

So having bc tested the ft and normal barracudas out my bsa pcp .the values are the same at 0.0235 .

So the extra 30 fps will translate into a slightly flater trajectory and almost the same retained energy .

1 inch difference at 50 yds and 0.1 of a fpe  .

The lighter 9.5 grn should penetrate a bit less potentially  giving a better kill on rabbits etc . 

If the accuracy  is the same id swop to fts .

In fact i have in one of my guns  

The accuracy on the paper target for the ft's looks good but at only 20m when i removed the target showed totally different results. Below are the pics

Edit....without my gloves on .... #mice lol

Baracuda ft's at 20m.

20200313_133823.jpg

Baracuda match 4.52mm at 20m.

Screenshot_20200318-221232_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Arron yeates

9 minutes ago, Arron yeates said:

The acviracy on the paper target a ove for the ft's looks good but at only 20m when i removed the target showed totally difgerent results. Below are the pics

Baracuda ft's at 20m.

20200313_133823.jpg

Baracuda ft's at 20m.

Screenshot_20200318-221232_Gallery.jpg

Take your gloves off and type again mate.

17 minutes ago, Mice! said:

🤣🤣🤣

Think your gun prefers the 4.52

I tried making sense of the original but thought nope, let's have a giggle 

Yeah it certainly likes the baracuda match. Not sure if its the head size or the weight it likes. I want to turn the power up a little to speed them up a little but dont want to void warranty

Arron, go to the pirymid air site they have online calculators for all your needs.

Link,. https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-resources/widgets/convert.php?Units&u=14

My Daystate Huntsman runs in 10's can't fault its accuracy, I tried to up the power but lost all consistency. Spent hours getting it all dialled back in.  Not much to be gained by half a foot pound down range.

Edited by figgy

So all this testing and mathematics, comparing various bc's and consistency and retained ft/lb, obviously taking into account the particularities of potential variations in barrel manufacturing tolerances, what have we learned? Well personally, adding up all the data and giving some considerable thought to the matter, the one conclusion that I ,with my limited intelligence, have deduced, is that, clearly, Arron is married or engaged.

18 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

So all this testing and mathematics, comparing various bc's and consistency and retained ft/lb, obviously taking into account the particularities of potential variations in barrel manufacturing tolerances, what have we learned? Well personally, adding up all the data and giving some considerable thought to the matter, the one conclusion that I ,with my limited intelligence, have deduced, is that, clearly, Arron is married or engaged.

:lol:

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Haha from the picture lol.. deffinatly married.