Your thought

Jacko3275

Last week I went out with jdog and we shot in the 20s in 4 hours (although there was a lot of chopping and changing)to me this is a very good day Out ... I hear about 100+ bags on winter rape via YouTube just wondered what you guys call a good day out  this time of year 

5 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Don't equate number of pigeons with how good your day was....

if you have 100s decoy and come away with none is it a good or bad day .. your pattern worked but you shot like ****  or 3 decoyed and you hit all three is this your field craft was **** but you shot good

Congratulations I was with jdog when you text him about your new bundle of joy She will keep you busy for a while 

2 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Any day out at the minute is a good one. Got a 3 year old and a 7 day old baby as well as working shifts. Not been out for a while. 

I have had as many , if not more enjoyable days with moderate bags than I have had with big bags , if we are honest we all go through a phrase where the bigger the bag the better , if we put a barrel across a sitting pigeon we are not doing it for the sport we are doing it to increase our numbers and the bigger the bag , the better it sound .

Now I am at a age with a good few pigeon shooting years behind me where the day is all about enjoyment and not the size of the bag , I would term shooting about 30 in an afternoon as a decent bag , you have had a nice lot of shooting , a bag you can carry off the field without doing yourself an injury and you can remember a lot of the ones you have shot , a perfect way to spend half a day shooting pigeons. 

I don’t think I have ever not enjoyed a day out with the gun. Some I enjoy more than others. One of my most memorable days recently resulted in 4 pigeons shot shortly after dawn on the beautiful frosty morning. In short, the size of the bag is only one factor of making a successful day out.