Council house

Centrepin

Can a council house tenant hold a SGC?

Friend of mine, split from his wife, moved into a council house. Wants to start shooting. On good terms with his ex and of previous good character, has a responsible job etc etc. No other reason to be turned down but a local PC  said he couldn't have a gun in a council property. Sheffield. 

Hes going to ring the SY firearms team Monday but just wondered if anyone had experienced this.

23 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Friend of mine, split from his wife, moved into a council house. Wants to start shooting. On good terms with his ex and of previous good character, has a responsible job etc etc. No other reason to be turned down but a local PC  said he couldn't have a gun in a council property. Sheffield. 

Hes going to ring the SY firearms team Monday but just wondered if anyone had experienced this.

Total Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Common with some housing associations,/councils , few lads I know just don't say owt,   one of which goes out with his gun in a fishing holdall to fool the neighbours, don't think there is much council  / police interaction in regards to the issue ?

On 14/03/2020 at 14:03, Centrepin said:

Absolutely he can have a gun in a council house. 

On March 14, 2020 at 14:03, Centrepin said:

Hes going to ring the SY firearms team Monday but just wondered if anyone had experienced this

Fear not.. We have 2 members of our beating team who live in totley and herringthorpe in sheffield they own shotguns and one has a fac both come under south yorks police firearms unit sheffield you can so apply as the law says. And if you are suitable.. Meet the regulations then fine..divorce is no drawback my brother married twice both now dicgarded..