5 shot pigeon cartridges please

On 14/03/2020 at 15:33, Farmboy91 said:

I know jockers come in a 5 and 6, I find them quite punchy even though the auto though. 

Edit, only seen them in plas wad too.

jokers are a great cartridge  the last ones i bought were £5.45 a box or rather bag. They do come in fibre, plas wads are orange fibre are blue. I have been using the fibre on everything from pigeons to pheasant. The only trouble I have with them is getting a constant supply as at that price they don't stay on the shelves long.     

48 minutes ago, Mr gen said:

jokers are a great cartridge  the last ones i bought were £5.45 a box or rather bag. They do come in fibre, plas wads are orange fibre are blue. I have been using the fibre on everything from pigeons to pheasant. The only trouble I have with them is getting a constant supply as at that price they don't stay on the shelves long.     

My local RFD did initially do them from 21g to 32g in 7.5 to 5's but he doesn't stock as many now. 

The 24g clay load we're ok, I think the last lot of 32g 5's were £5.27. I just can't get on with them, there's not one gun I've put them through where they were pleasant enough for me to shoot constantly. 

12 hours ago, Saltings said:

used to shoot victory changer 5s back in the day  on pigeon  mid seventy's  onwards          ratios were better than  shooting 7.5s           pigeons are tough  so still shoot  5s  as grandad taught me   don't wound        kill  clean

Unfortunately, using 5s won't mean wounding can't happen.

Guest cookoff013
On 18/03/2020 at 13:35, motty said:

Unfortunately, using 5s won't mean wounding can't happen.

very true.

but that can happen with any shotsize.

i like 5s and 4s in big sizes. just for slower speeds.