2011 L200

Davyo

Is it an insurance write off. If so what category. A&b cannot be put back on the road. S is structural damage and needs professional repairs and will be registered with the dvla and cat n is more cosmetic damage. Plenty of Info on line if you need to research anymore. Before your mate buys it would suggest getting a professional to look at it as can hide more extensive damage ie: crumple zones, chassis or sub frame etc. 

2 hours ago, shooterman49 said:

Is it an insurance write off. If so what category. A&b cannot be put back on the road. S is structural damage and needs professional repairs and will be registered with the dvla and cat n is more cosmetic damage. Plenty of Info on line if you need to research anymore. Before your mate buys it would suggest getting a professional to look at it as can hide more extensive damage ie: crumple zones, chassis or sub frame etc. 

Cosmetic I think,he buys all the time from some salvage auction site so I think he knows his stuff.He was really after a late Jimny 14 to 16 plate. He came round a few weeks ago asking me about them,as I've owned two and was on the waiting list for the new one.

He stopped me yesterday morning  & recons Jimnys,even cat n are fetching silly money.So he asked me about the L200 of which I have no knowledge. I said I'd ask the lads on PW  and feed it back. I've seen him again this afternoon and he said its getting delivered this week. I initially thought he was only interested and was thinking of bidding, I didnt realise he'd won it for £1700.

He has a load of close up picks of the damage on his phone but I didnt have time to look.He only lives at the end of the road so I will have a look when I see it on the drive.