Stock extension advice required.

DoolinDalton

Hi everyone, hope you're all safe from the lergy!  My son has a Lincoln Premier Gold 28 gauge and when I bought it for him (a good while back) I had 1 inch taken off the stock in order for a good fit for him! As he's grown a bit (12 years old) he's now shooting either my 30 inch Beretta or my mates 28 inch Browning (both in 12 gauge).  I fancy trying the Lincoln when decoying and walking around, the main reason being that I can load 28G (and have done) but as the stock is shorter, I was wondering what I can use to extend it, on a temporary basis.  I want to keep the solid stock short just in case any of my sons friends or any junior members of our club need to use it.  There seems to be many different 'extenders' available but what is the best one?  The best place for advice is obviously HERE and I'm looking forward to your replies. Cheers. 

I have used a Jack pyke neoprene one in the past{slip on recoil pad} that has 3 foam inserts. might not make up the inch but will be close to it. It lasted well with over 1000 rounds before I sold the gun. think it cost about £10

Edited by aga man

stupid question /answer here...................

gunsmiths usually keep the cut offs...........what about asking the smith if he still has the cut off.....then have it drilled and have 2 rare earth magnets with lockating pins fitted...

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

stupid question /answer here...................

gunsmiths usually keep the cut offs...........what about asking the smith if he still has the cut off.....then have it drilled and have 2 rare earth magnets with lockating pins fitted...

what he said  or re fit the offcut with xtra long screws  / fit a baculite or wood extension  or slip on leather extension boot    doesn't have to look pretty however must work