TX200SR

Louis93

Not rare and a superb rifle. Just a bit heavy but that is not a bad thing as it helps keep on target.  I had one in 177 but tended to use my AA S200 and sold it on.

Bound to be one or two on Gun Watch or other gun sales outlets where you can get an idea of price  No doubt someone on here will comment as well. 

If it is in reasonably good condition and shoots straight AND it is what you want, buy it.

Cheers everyone for the replies. The condition of it is not for the best as the guy who owned it spray painting camo all over the stock and barrel using an aerosol can so it’s all peeling off etc. Any recommendations on places to take it for a service and to get the barrel re blued and the stock stripped and re varnished? In Leicester. Cheers 

Unless you particularly want an SR or it is dirt cheap, I would go for the standard TX or the TXHC. The SR runs on nylon bearings within the stock that allow the action to move rearwards on firing - over complicated for any gains that you might experience and not really a step forward when you consider just how good the standard gun is.

Just now, Ultrastu said:

Whats your intention with the beech stock .? 

Repaint .oil .stain and oil .satin and lacquer . Or just lacquer ? 

Id recomend repaint .its easier and will give the nicest finish 

In which case you dont need to clean out the stippling .

I want it all back to original so I want to get it done somewhere properly 

Well by the nature of a gun stock you get parts that are side grain (ie along the fore end side ) and parts that are end grain ( around the pistol grip and very end of forend ) these will absorb any stain at different rates /amounts .

So when you oil or lacquer the stock after the stain the end grain bits will ne much much darker than the flat sides .Any left over paint or oil or lacquer  that you didnt fully sand off will also mean the stain absorbs at different rates giving a patchy look to the should be  even sides of the butt or fore end .

Not sure I'd be interested in using bleach, I'd be worried about residue being left behind. Thinners of some sort I'd use. 

Ask about or search in the craft section, some beautiful stocks have been refinished and tbh i do enjoy watching others turn a **** into a diamond 👍

Shame about the bipod holes, classic springer like that having holes drilled in it.... Never mind the spray paint. 

If you want the barrel reblued ask a member barrel blacker on here, seems all his work shown on here is tip top, ill use him when the time comes 

Edited by strimmer_13