Trumps state of emergency call.

Dave-G

Bear with me and my conspiracy theories please chaps: Dunno if they're entertaining or not -  we know Henry won't feel that way but I've got a lot of time on my hands being retired and almost self quarantined for several weeks bar an occasional 3AM supermarket splurge.

My last nights trip was an attempt to find a webcam at Tesco's in case Skype is needed for online doctor consultations - or face-time with the family: I know I'm crrazy - and as it happens they had everything that can be plugged into USB ports except webcams so ordered one online today! :lol:

So Trump calls out a state of emergency: This gets him loads of funds and I think almost a free hand to do almost anything else he wants without clearing it with congress?

If so does that apply just to internal actions - or can he for example take on say another country to preempt or prevent anything the Whitehouse claims is a threat or a lead up to a threat?

I like to think about potential ulterior motives however unlikely they are, and there may be others who have nothing better to do so why not join in?

I'll put on a tin hat while spending a little google time on the matter - but any thoughts will be appreciated. i nearly put this in the Corona thread but didn't want that one being derailed.

Edited by Dave-G

Even without the State of Emergency the US president can invade any country for any reason for 60 days.  After that congress has to vote to remove troops from the foreign country or leave them.  

The president is the supreme commander of the armed force under the War Powers Resolution.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant

There has always been a situation in the USA where the President has a clear mandate should there be a CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER  to the USA.  Have you read Tom Clancy's book with that title ?  Whatever President Trump does the left wing press will denigrate him, some said yesterday, if he found an instant cure to the virus the Demoidiots would call him out on it.  The Democrats have become past a joke. 

Edited by Walker570

I,m not one to buy in to conspiracy theories but history has many examples of things being done "for the greater good" only it turns out that it wasn't good for everyone or even for most!

Once power is taken by someone or given to them it seams it's not very often given up.

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i think you have to start at the beginning of the corvid 19 outbreak in China, did it come from someone eating a diseased animal or a Laboratory ?

The Chinese are saying that the US war game athletes were intentionally infected with it before they came to compete in China. 

5 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

The Chinese are saying that the US war game athletes were intentionally infected with it before they came to compete in China. 

THE Chinese or someone spouting off on Facebook or some other random blog that others are happy to unthinkingly spaff the message around the world?

49 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

It’s on the main Corona virus page on here (the link). 

I did see that, but it is nothing other than typical Internet conspiracy nonsense.  One of the significant downfalls of social media is that it gives the stupid a platform that would otherwise be rightly denied to them.

15 minutes ago, grrclark said:

I did see that, but it is nothing other than typical Internet conspiracy nonsense.  One of the significant downfalls of social media is that it gives the stupid a platform that would otherwise be rightly denied to them.

what happened to the dead monkey theory ? 

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

I hadn't read that, thanks. I put nothing past the CIA's skul bug ery.  :-)

33 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Couldn't agree more…...