Inventions

vampire

17 minutes ago, vampire said:

Anybody gone down the route of intellectual property rights.

Have invented a construction based product and made a working prototype,about to sign papers with a company that does the whole package.

Just seeing if others have any advise.

Not enough info there to offer advice……….

hello, have you checked out this company ? started with a patent agent ? do they look for a manufacturing company ? take a percentage or ?? there are good and bad in giving a contract over, i know how this can go if you do not check out and are not 100% sure

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I went down this route with two projects. Didn’t have the money to go alone so ended up tying in with a university department, it all went to non disclosure, apparently got bought by one of the companies who the result would have been competing with, and I never saw a direct penny. 

It it was a lot of work, but seems to be a dynamite section on the CV that very few other people have, and whilst I didn’t benefit directly from it I suspect it has been influential in opportunities that have arisen since. 

The best of luck. 

I used Serjeant's for my stuff wayback in 1982. They were not cheap but with inventions if you tell anybody then you can't subsequently protect it. The story of Sir Alec Jeffries and DNA and how him having caught a cold so being unable to deliver a lecture is worth looking at.

https://serjeants.co.uk/

Edited by enfieldspares