Unwanted copy of AVG Antivirus

VicW

I use CCCleaner on my computer and recently updated it. Unnoticed by me the update included a free download of AVG Antivirus. I do not need this as I am happy with Windows 10's built in antivirus programme  'Defender'.

The AVG programme will not uninstall. I have tried the obvious route using Control Panel but you get a message saying that this is not possible. I have tried going into Programme Files to delete the AVG files but again it will only go part way saying that you need Administrator permission.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Vic.

I have an ongoing dispute with AVG. In Feb, they helped themselves to £99.99 from my credit card. I've tackled them to demand a refund as I don't have their anti virus. They sent an email to say a refund would be issued in 7 working days. Nothing. Obviously I've kept the CC company informed. Ive had all sorts of fob offs, endless emails, from, .....

"Our records show, it was repaid two days after I requested a refund". To where? "Your credit card" No it wasn't.

" Our records show, it was repaid two days after I requested a refund" To where? "Your paypal account" No it wasn't.

" We've escalated to our concerned team"  Nothing.........then when pushed further " Our records show it was repaid.."etc, etc... 

On checking my records, there were no payments taken in 2016. 2017. But I had missed a transaction when they helped themselves to £59.99 in Feb 2018. My fault for not paying enough attention. Then no payment taken in 2019. Now £99.99 in 2020. 

I've handed the whole thing over to the Credit company , and ensured AVG are blocked from taking any further payments, as clearly there is more to this. 

So keep an eye on your credit card. Look out for, and note the spacing..... DRI*AVG Technologies   order find.comIRL