Vintage Redding Loading Machine

CaptC

Redding loader, my knowledge is limited to these devices so please bare with me :

There are four removable press jobbies, obviously for powder, wads, compressing and primer removal. No shot or powder reservoirs. The main seating which has a collar to hold the case is bigger than a 12 bore (tried a 12 bore shell and it looks like a 10 bore sizing) It's numbered in graduations from 20 - 100 (presumably for powder?) There is a sliding alloy bar for powder and shot. The "base" has 5 "stations" so there must be a press jobbie missing?

Oddly when the lever is pulled to work the machine the base comes up.

It was in a filthy condition when it arrived so it's had a spray of WD40 and a good scrub with an old toothbrush - it's come up quite well! Very heavy! 

These are quite sought after so asking £85 posted thank you.

DSC_0001 (46).JPG

DSC_0002 (41).JPG

Edited by CaptC

I have the same press. The shell holder isn’t for a 10 gauge, there’s a sleeve which a 12 gauge hull slips into and it is the rim of this sleeve which engages with the base of each station. The sleeve prevents the cartridge getting squashed when it’s crimped. It looks like it’s missing.

Cheers

Greg

8 hours ago, thegreg said:

I have the same press. The shell holder isn’t for a 10 gauge, there’s a sleeve which a 12 gauge hull slips into and it is the rim of this sleeve which engages with the base of each station. The sleeve prevents the cartridge getting squashed when it’s crimped. It looks like it’s missing.

Cheers

Greg

Thanks Greg -