semi open fac question

just filling out the forms to apply for my fac, been a sgc holder for 13 years now, i want to apply for a .22lr a .17hmr and a .243, for the rimfires I've asked for the reason of pest control and written the farm address, however i want the .243 for fox shooting on the same farm but also guided deer stalking, so would this caliber need to be requested to be open so it can be taken on any ground i buy the stalking on? foxing will only be on the same farm as the rimfires but other land added if i got permission on other farms. thanks in advance 

fudd 

2 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

My feo told me the only way I'd get open on my first big cf/308 was if I done a dsc lv1 and that's after having rimfires for 10+ years. 

Have a good chat with him/her 

In my area that doesn't matter, either 5 years ticket holder of a cf. Or a shoot log showing every outing I go on, if a shot is fired or not. When I said I could make this up over a month or so the firearms team had no answer... Its a nightmare of a minefield depending on where you are

forgive me if i am wrong but i thought i could use my 22 rf on land that was approved for that calibre and an open certificate was were you could decide if it was suitable obviously wre you have permission also there are loads of threads on here saying you cant do this or that cause your fac dont state it all mine says is any legal quarry  provided the calibre is suitable

22 minutes ago, charlie b said:

forgive me if i am wrong but i thought i could use my 22 rf on land that was approved for that calibre and an open certificate was were you could decide if it was suitable obviously wre you have permission also there are loads of threads on here saying you cant do this or that cause your fac dont state it all mine says is any legal quarry  provided the calibre is suitable

Restricted ticket is on land you have permission and cleared by chief. Open is land you have permission on and you deem a calibre safe. So I could shoot on The same land as you with restrictions of say no larger calibre of 222 yet you could if felt it safe, use a 308 if your ticket is open. How your ticket is worded sounds like you cN use set calibre on anything legal, but a rabbit doesn't really need a 243 to do the job. Is it suitable, that's every person's perception, definitely do the job... 

Edited by ShootingEgg

On 16/03/2020 at 21:39, charlie b said:

correct 👍