Can we still play?

Smokersmith

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what financial support if any such clubs and business are going to get, also the self employed.

its ok the government telling people to stay at home But the bills will keep on coming in like house rent, council tax etc.

For all but the rich this is going to be very difficult to comply with.

how long before we start to see a spike in crime or even looting of shops for food?

Really cant see the big events going ahead. Also noticed on cpsa website the have published some recommendations that grounds should now take in response to the virus.

I am mainly a mid week shooter and grounds are usually sparse in the week for practice. I dont see them being a place to worry about catching the virus providing you dont hang around in groups in the club house. In fact to go along, be out in fresh air, keep reasonably well isolated and fire a few shots off, will be beneficial to your mental health and well being.

1 hour ago, TRINITY said:

Really cant see the big events going ahead. Also noticed on cpsa website the have published some recommendations that grounds should now take in response to the virus.

I am mainly a mid week shooter and grounds are usually sparse in the week for practice. I dont see them being a place to worry about catching the virus providing you dont hang around in groups in the club house. In fact to go along, be out in fresh air, keep reasonably well isolated and fire a few shots off, will be beneficial to your mental health and well being.

:good:

Just had an email from Kibworth saying they are open but that they are actively monitoring the situation.

Given the majority of the activity is outdoors, and involves small groups rarely in close proximity to each other, clay shooting (outside of the competition environment) would appear to be low risk.

Edited by Adrian Foster

AGL are open but have pushed back their member shoot which was scheduled for tomorrow. No food and the lodge is shut, don't congregate to close around the ground etc..

Seems they're doing a pre-pay phone in service where you can request a number of clays, and carts if needed, and show your license on arrival to receive the Promatic card to use without going in the shop. If I wasn't considered at risk I'd probably go for the fresh air.

13 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Gyms and leisure centres gone ! How much longer before the grounds have the close?

It's an open air activity and quite easily to continue with reasonable social distancing, so I would think it could still be ok and left to individual grounds