Barley today

dad

i took 100 birds to dealer today some fresh from yesterday some frozen for a grand total of £5.75 lucky i dont do it for the money i went early enough to get a few hours in somewhere when i get back. The beans from yesterday were in the wrong direction although I'm sure there was another shoot to be had, so i went home and started from there 1st call was 2 small 10 acre fields just out side my village that i noticed had been worked on after i had packed up early Saturday, these 2 fields have been good to me in the past and i usually get a shoot sometime during the year. When i pulled i was pleased to see it had been drilled and rolled sometime between saturday and yesterday  and even more pleased to see about 500 pigeos down feeding on the field furthest from the rd, it meant a walk but not too far and it was flat and dry so i cut back on gear no rotary  only 75 carts i could walk back for more, 10 dead birds and cradles seat hide and gun and set off sharpish, they all lifted off and went back to village just what i wanted, wind was perfect in chosen spot on second field, off my back, i quickly set up dead birds on cradles built hide and settled in.birds were coming back almost immediately and pitching in perfect and continued all afternoon i had to walk back for backup 50 carts i cant say it was pretty shooting a bit too clinical for me decoying can be like that sometimes but enjoyable i ended up picking 64 and had to leave 5 out of reach it took 3 trips back to the car i had phoned the farmer to see if he wanted any and could i drive down the headland 2 wheels on verge 2 on drill he wanted 6 pigeons and said i cant drive on it i managed to get rid of another 20 on way home empty supermarket shelves i suppose the rest in freezer for emergancy rations.and boris says i should stay in for 12 weeks i never met anyone in my hide today and dropped birds in front gardens for people.

20200317_155934_compress26.jpg

I took 20 back to car when i picked up extra carts.so not in picture.

You are certainly finding , and getting a nice lot of Pigeons , your soil look entirely different from ours , I looked at three fields of barley drilling and the only ones I saw were on some old beet that had been pulled up when they were preparing it for drilling , If I hadn't known it was barley you would have had a problem finding any seed , that was how good the ground was .

Terrible return for your fresh and frozen pigeons , hadn't been to the dealers for a while as I have been selling mine to the local pub , but the last time I went I think it was 20p frozen and 25p for fresh .