Crow Callers

craig1982

One of the best (once you learn how to use it properly) is the Primos Power Crow Caller. It's excellent and I have been using one for years. I can call in Crow's, Jackdaw's, Rook's and even Seagulls (done for a laugh once) to prove I could do it. Many people have 'dissed' these callers because they find they can't use them. 

Another make is the Sam Neyt one, which is very good, but almost three times the price of a Primos one. The ACME caller is good for calling Jackdaw's, owing to it's high pitch, but not good for Crow's.

The Primos caller is excellent, and as Steve above said, the reason people moan about them is due to not being able to use them. I can mimic crows and jackdaw chatter with mine. Practice practice practice 

Edited by Delwint

9 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

One of the best (once you learn how to use it properly) is the Primos Power Crow Caller. It's excellent and I have been using one for years. I can call in Crow's, Jackdaw's, Rook's and even Seagulls (done for a laugh once) to prove I could do it. Many people have 'dissed' these callers because they find they can't use them. 

Another make is the Sam Neyt one, which is very good, but almost three times the price of a Primos one. The ACME caller is good for calling Jackdaw's, owing to it's high pitch, but not good for Crow's.

The acme caller takes a good bit of practise but you can get a decent growly crow call out of it. Feels like you need to huff into it from as deep down in your diaphragm as you can to get the sound.  The primos is far easier and louder to use though.

They take some practise and a lot of the time its the limited use of them that works but you'll get the gist.

3 hours ago, ChrisWill184 said:

The acme caller takes a good bit of practise but you can get a decent growly crow call out of it. Feels like you need to huff into it from as deep down in your diaphragm as you can to get the sound.  The primos is far easier and louder to use though.

They take some practise and a lot of the time its the limited use of them that works but you'll get the gist.

If you do as highlighted above, you'll get a perfect Crow call, but practice is a must.

On 18/03/2020 at 18:58, steve_b_wales said:

Have both and can't use either yet. Sounds like rutting warthogs........lol.

34 minutes ago, old man said:

Have both and can't use either yet. Sounds like rutting warthogs........lol.

It's strange, because when I bought my first Primos caller, I managed to get it to sound like Crows on my first attempt. Perhaps I was lucky! I still consider the Primos the best caller out there though.