Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
craig1982

Crow Callers

Recommended Posts

Have several permissions were there are good numbers of Crow,s Rook,s and Jackdaw,s. I have all the gear to decoy them and have  quite a few over the last couple of weeks, was thinking of getting a crow caller. Do they work which is the best ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a Acme call many years ago jackdaws and carrion came in most of the time .Had a mate called them in without a call.Plus he never missed one.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the best (once you learn how to use it properly) is the Primos Power Crow Caller. It's excellent and I have been using one for years. I can call in Crow's, Jackdaw's, Rook's and even Seagulls (done for a laugh once) to prove I could do it. Many people have 'dissed' these callers because they find they can't use them. 

Another make is the Sam Neyt one, which is very good, but almost three times the price of a Primos one. The ACME caller is good for calling Jackdaw's, owing to it's high pitch, but not good for Crow's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Primos caller is excellent, and as Steve above said, the reason people moan about them is due to not being able to use them. I can mimic crows and jackdaw chatter with mine. Practice practice practice 

Edited by Delwint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

One of the best (once you learn how to use it properly) is the Primos Power Crow Caller. It's excellent and I have been using one for years. I can call in Crow's, Jackdaw's, Rook's and even Seagulls (done for a laugh once) to prove I could do it. Many people have 'dissed' these callers because they find they can't use them. 

Another make is the Sam Neyt one, which is very good, but almost three times the price of a Primos one. The ACME caller is good for calling Jackdaw's, owing to it's high pitch, but not good for Crow's.

The acme caller takes a good bit of practise but you can get a decent growly crow call out of it. Feels like you need to huff into it from as deep down in your diaphragm as you can to get the sound.  The primos is far easier and louder to use though.

They take some practise and a lot of the time its the limited use of them that works but you'll get the gist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChrisWill184 said:

The acme caller takes a good bit of practise but you can get a decent growly crow call out of it. Feels like you need to huff into it from as deep down in your diaphragm as you can to get the sound.  The primos is far easier and louder to use though.

They take some practise and a lot of the time its the limited use of them that works but you'll get the gist.

If you do as highlighted above, you'll get a perfect Crow call, but practice is a must.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a Primos Power Crow caller. It certainly has an effect but I haven’t mastered the calls yet. You need to use the right calls at the right times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went out this afternoon, got 29 crows tried the caller, it sounded like a duck getting necked, more practice required. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone got any tips for using the primos on carrions? When I use it sounds like a fox whistle 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to growl into it like a bear, a deep chested bear with something stuck in its throat. Don't blow into it like a party blower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/03/2020 at 18:58, steve_b_wales said:

One of the best (once you learn how to use it properly) is the Primos Power Crow Caller. It's excellent and I have been using one for years. I can call in Crow's, Jackdaw's, Rook's and even Seagulls (done for a laugh once) to prove I could do it. Many people have 'dissed' these callers because they find they can't use them. 

Another make is the Sam Neyt one, which is very good, but almost three times the price of a Primos one. The ACME caller is good for calling Jackdaw's, owing to it's high pitch, but not good for Crow's.

Have both and can't use either yet. Sounds like rutting warthogs........lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, old man said:

Have both and can't use either yet. Sounds like rutting warthogs........lol.

It's strange, because when I bought my first Primos caller, I managed to get it to sound like Crows on my first attempt. Perhaps I was lucky! I still consider the Primos the best caller out there though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...