section 7

welsh1

Well got two section 7's through the post yesterday, to see me through the next 3 months, and i am seriously doubting that i will have my certificates by then given we now have the virus to contend with, i would think that the firearms dept will advise their officers not to visit unless absolutley essential.

On 19/03/2020 at 07:26, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Will you FEO turn up, look through the window, talk to you through the letterbox and go and get your renewal printed?

Not bothered how it's done,just as long as I get it in time for branchers,I have been to 2farms,and there is thousands of  blacks,all  nesting,so looks like a number year

Just a quick update.
Had the firearms officer call me today and said that certain renewals are being done over the phone, we chatted confirmed my cabinets were still in the same place, asked if i wanted to keep a slot for a new rifle open as i had not bought it yet and then asked me to send in the section 7's and my licences, he assured me i would be legal as they held a record that i was issued new certificates which would be sent out as soon as they got the old ones.

So job done.

ANOTHER UPDATE

Well I sent all my certificates back and yesterday my section 7's came back to me in the post with a note saying because of covid 19 they are having difficulty processing everything and to keep hold of the section 7's for now, which is understandable.

Then later in the evening one of my references phones me and tells me the police just phoned him and asked was I ok etc .all seems a bit back to front, or do the police have concerns about firearms holders in these covid 19 days we are living in?

2 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

ANOTHER UPDATE

Well I sent all my certificates back and yesterday my section 7's came back to me in the post with a note saying because of covid 19 they are having difficulty processing everything and to keep hold of the section 7's for now, which is understandable.

Then later in the evening one of my references phones me and tells me the police just phoned him and asked was I ok etc .all seems a bit back to front, or do the police have concerns about firearms holders in these covid 19 days we are living in?

Very strange Mate, perhaps your FEO put them in the post and then thought Oh perhaps I should just check.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Very strange Mate, perhaps your FEO put them in the post and then thought Oh perhaps I should just check.:rolleyes:

I think you may be right, i get the feeling that as the FEO is working part time and has a very big back log the system is now struggling.
It does bring to the fore the question though ,why a part time FEO as it is quite obvious they are creating a huge backlog that will take ages to clear, it was only a few years ago they asked a lot of us to renew early so they could spread out the renewals and have a faster and better service.

5 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

I think you may be right, i get the feeling that as the FEO is working part time and has a very big back log the system is now struggling.
It does bring to the fore the question though ,why a part time FEO as it is quite obvious they are creating a huge backlog that will take ages to clear, it was only a few years ago they asked a lot of us to renew early so they could spread out the renewals and have a faster and better service.

Do we really think they (the chief officers of police responsible) care? No one (The police) seems interested in or capable of providing a fast and efficient service............and no one (from the government) can be bothered to compel them to do so!

It seems we the shooting community, must just suck it up!

13 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

It was struggling well before Covid 19 reared it's ugly head!

Perhaps they may see sense and increase it to a 10 year SGC and spread them out a bit more.

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It was struggling well before Covid 19 reared it's ugly head!

Perhaps they may see sense and increase it to a 10 year SGC and spread them out a bit more.

Call me cynical but that would mean a reduced revenue, can't see that happening.