YES OR NO Phasing out Lead

lancer425

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, David BASC said:

I would council caution about attacking game shooting or attacking steel shot. Remember this is a public forum and those opposed to shooting can see all you post. Just imagine for a moment if what you have posted appears on a web page of an organisation opposed to shooting, with a caption along the lines of 'even shooters are opposed to game shooting' what will you do then?

Andrew, your constant attacks on BASC are pointless and not helping anyone, I know you will keep doing it because you can't see the bigger picture, but just think about it.

BASC needs to answer questions/concerns,i'll carry on i as see fit:good:

2 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

are you real!,so everyone should now home load,

i'm alright jack!

No I’m not alright and I’m for real it’s probably cost me a lot more than you could imagine 

however the writing has been on the wall for 20 years 

the point is if I can homeload a viable alternative in order to keep shooting my older shorter chambered gun 

so can the manufacturers 

you have a beef with Basc probably because they never gave you the answer that you wanted to hear 

15 minutes ago, clangerman said:

i have justification because it’s a FACT if i don’t shoot them the farmer will call in someone else 

What he means is....if the crops you are supposedly protecting aren’t yours, then YOU have no other reason to shoot them other than exactly the same reason I and others shoot driven birds....namely that you like doing it.
You are in absolutely no position to criticise others who shoot for recreation. 

5 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

No I’m not alright and I’m for real it’s probably cost me a lot more than you could imagine 

however the writing has been on the wall for 20 years 

the point is if I can homeload a viable alternative in order to keep shooting my older shorter chambered gun 

so can the manufacturers 

you have a beef with Basc probably because they never gave you the answer that you wanted to hear 

i've given my reasons quite a few times,BASC have taken my money under false pretenses

22 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

BASC have taken my money under false pretenses

Oh dear, never mind. Come the end of the month when your membership expires you can subscribe to LACS; I am sure you will feel more at home there !

Edited by JJsDad

1 minute ago, JJsDad said:

Never mind. Come the end of the month when your membership expires you can subscribe to LACS; I am sure you will feel more at home there !

i an a member of LACS,i'm undercover so keep it to yourself:P

i just waiting for one of you to run off to the mods:hmm:

5 hours ago, clangerman said:

you can put as few or as many down as you like the difference is game shooting has no justification it’s seen as purely fun from outside where’s pigeon shooting is justified on both damage and as a free food source 

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

simply a statement of fact just calling it as it is game shooters enjoy shooting birds in the same way i do but i have some justification for doing so where is their justification?

56 minutes ago, clangerman said:

because unfortunately we have  nuts who think it’s unacceptable to shoot for enjoyment 

53 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

it has always been toxic,but i bet you have eaten game knowing that lead is toxic?

I have, but if i do not need to in the future then i will not.. 

lead is toxic not only to humans but to birds. many birds have died through the ingestion of lead.  therefore if i can reduce this i will and so should you . 

Edited by Terry2016

16 minutes ago, clangerman said:

insults are the last bastion of a lost argument my friend 

Thats rich coming from someone who in another thread called someone a "Nut" because he was wearing sandles; and regularly resorts to calling people liars !

If you care to read peoples remarks, I wasnt arguing with anyone,  I was merely agreeing with an earlier comment by a member.

Edited by JJsDad

1 minute ago, JJsDad said:

Thats rich coming from someone who in another thread called someone a "Nut" because he was wearing sandles; and regularly resorts to calling people liars !

If you care to read peoples remarks, I wasnt arguing with anyone,  I was merely agreeing with an earlier comment by a member.

my comment was in JEST not the sort myself and andrew get on here just for having a different opinion 

17 minutes ago, clangerman said:

FACT one way or another the farmer will have the birds shot if it’s not me it will be someone else game is put down for the sole purpose of being shot pheasants don’t arrive by choice 

No one is arguing about why game is shot, but you seem to believe that driven shooting is the work of the devil,  and if it weren’t for driven shooting people would be allowed to carry on using lead and everything in the world would be rosy. It wouldn’t.
WJ oppose the GL’s because they don’t like us shooting birds for sport. You can dress pest control up any way you want, but at the end of the day you’re shooting pigeons for exactly the same reason people shoot pheasants....because you want to. You don’t have to, but you want to. 
Stop playing the holier than thou card, it doesn’t apply in this instance and it’s tedious. 

17 minutes ago, Terry2016 said:

I have, but if i do not need to in the future then i will not.. 

lead is toxic not only to humans but to birds. many birds have died through the ingestion of lead.  therefore if i can reduce this i will and so should you . 

what would you have done if the no voluntary ban??,if BASC never mentioned it

you would have been quite happy to keep eating toxic game and poisoning birds!