Bitcoin

mgsontour

One of the lads that worked here in Saudi with us invested 20,000 quid in Ripple and when he handed in his notice 8 months later it was over a million. But  from what I can see, it could equally easily have gone the other way. Personally I wouldn't touch cryptos with a barge pole because I don't understand what underpins their price. It's too much of a risk.   (says the man with two X3 ETF positions open in front of him as he's typing! )

Edited by Retsdon

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

One of the lads that worked here in Saudi with us invested 20,000 quid in Ripple and when he handed in his notice 8 months later it was over a million. But  from what I can see, it could equally easily have gone the other way. Personally I wouldn't touch cryptos with a barge pole because I don't understand what underpins their price. It's too much of a risk.   (says the man with two X3 ETF positions open in front of him as he's typing! )

Like yourself I don't understand the mechanics/underpinning of them, however, I know they are popular and had a big dive like the airlines/insurers/all of my portfolio etc etc however, the youngsters ( mostly involved with Cryptos ) see things differently to us lot that enjoy sitting at the bottom of a field with a gun, SO, I still think it's a good addition to my portfolio as a daft punt ( but maybe not that daft ) but I've looked at buying some and it doesn't seem straight forward to me, a little like which cart/choke to use. . . . if you don't know you don't know but I'm keen to learn if someone can give me the heads up? Cheers

5 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Your ex-colleague is also a total bull****ter! Ripple hasn’t seen anywhere near a 5000% increase EVER let alone in the last 2 years!

OP, as with many stocks at this time, it’s a better time to be buying than 2 months ago. Be careful though, a lot will go to zero. Bitcoin will rise but not in the short term.

14 minutes ago, Munzy said:

Your ex-colleague is also a total ********ter! Ripple hasn’t seen anywhere near a 5000% increase EVER let alone in the last 2 years!

Who mentioned the last two years? He bought it at issue, when it was priced in cents and he was still holding it when he left here and it was priced in $.That would have been maybe 3 years ago now. Go and look at a chart. I remember he was making $20,000 a day while he was teaching classes! 

Hold your horses before you start calling people out. 

Edited by Retsdon

4 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

A ponsi currency, it only exists because people believe it will make them money. Anything that looks too good to be true is because it is too good to be true. 

Money cannot be created  from nothing.

Tell that to the people who bought on release and cashed out when worth millions :lol: 

14 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Money cannot be created  from nothing.

Perhaps you could let the Labour party know?

19 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Personally I wouldn't touch cryptos with a barge pole because I don't understand what underpins their price.

This /\ - never invest in things you don't understand why they have a value.  I would not do crypto for that very reason - but of those who do understand it ....... some have done very well.

I think the airlines that will survive and bounce back would be those airlines with cash reserves, no major borrowings and good cargo businesses (which will keep some revenue flowing), and companies that were actually doing well before can retain a presence during - and whose business will quickly come back on resumption of 'normal business' (one example might be Greggs, but don't take that as a 'tip' as I'm no expert).  I would be wary of travel businesses.

Just my ideas and please don't think I'm am expert 'tipster'.