Massive cannabis farm

Davyo

hello, when my young son was in his late teens early 20s on one of my trips abroad he looked after the house i had then, i think a bit of a party most nights, he also brought a few plants to keep watered, putting 3 in the back downstairs window next to the back door, unfortunately he left the back door open and my neighbour noticed and thought someone had broke in so called the police, they came and checked the house but nothing untoward so shut back door and left, the 3 plants in big pots i later found out were cannabis and for sometime after i was expecting another police visit??? hence no more house sitter,

I used to be dead against it. Now I say legalise and be done. Most of the issues appear to be from cannabis cut with spice or other synthetics, sprayed with ground glass or chemicals to induce a 'high', every ****** seems to smoke it, everywhere. At least regulated you remove it from criminal enterprise and people who just want to use it medicinally can use a much lower strength strain.

I'm no expert but it seems more and more to make sense to me. It'll never happen here though, way too much conservative opinion (small c) set against it. Those that argue it will lead to a spike in mental health issues I say Horlicks. If it was that much of a problem we would already see the issues, as I said, walk into any town, on any given day, it's flipping everywhere (and it's revolting).

Edited by mick miller

25 minutes ago, mick miller said:

I used to be dead against it. Now I say legalise and be done. Most of the issues appear to be from cannabis cut with spice or other synthetics, sprayed with ground glass or chemicals to induce a 'high', every ****** seems to smoke it, everywhere. At least regulated you remove it from criminal enterprise and people who just want to use it medicinally can use a much lower strength strain.

I'm no expert but it seems more and more to make sense to me. It'll never happen here though, way too much conservative opinion (small c) set against it. Those that argue it will lead to a spike in mental health issues I say Horlicks. If it was that much of a problem we would already see the issues, as I said, walk into any town, on any given day, it's flipping everywhere (and it's revolting).

The trouble with legalising it is that would remove the income stream from thousands of lowlife scumbags who sell it. They would have to find other ways to fund their lifestyle because they are not going to go out and get a job are they?

1 hour ago, mick miller said:

The ground glass is a myth. None to my knowledge has ever had ground glass on it. 

It's not sprayed with chemicals, the strains are so potent it doesn't need any help. Comparable to heroin. With thc content of 25% common place (was once 5%)

The mental health issues are abundant and we do see them every day. At least the nhs, police, teachers and mental health workers do. 

All that said, you may as well legalise it as it is quite literally everywhere. It's a rare dealer that only sells cannabis these days so their income stream will be ok with the crack and heroin. 

The stuff the old folks are growing won't be the high thc stuff and not in hydroponics either. 

A few plants in greenhouse on allotment type stuff.

The newer strains are genetically modified to give higher THC.  Paranoia plant it should be called.

4 hours ago, GingerCat said:

It's not sprayed with chemicals, the strains are so potent it doesn't need any help. Comparable to heroin. With thc content of 25% common place (was once 5%)

All that said, you may as well legalise it as it is quite literally everywhere. It's a rare dealer that only sells cannabis these days so their income stream will be ok with the crack and heroin. 

Sorry, but no matter how strong modern strains are, they are not comparable to heroin. That's a ridiculous claim. There are very few, if any physical effects of going cold turkey on weed, whereas doing the same with heroin would leave you a fever ridden vomiting wreck. Plus, absolutely no one ever has died from THC toxicity.

Never known a weed dealer to sell either of those. Some coke and pills/MDMA  perhaps. Most small time dealers are selling to the party crowd, not hardline addicts. I suppose that could have changed, maybe it's different now.

I agree though. Legalise it, tax it and fund the NHS. Free up thousands of police hours too. As far as I'm aware, in the states where it has been legalised, society hasn't collapsed and it's earning them million of dollars.

12 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Sorry, but no matter how strong modern strains are, they are not comparable to heroin.

Afraid it is. Average thc content of 25%, some potent shatter or oil going way higher. They even smoke it like heroin too on tinfoil and inhale the vapor such is it's strength. The were in the 60s was about 5% tops. 

12 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Never known a weed dealer to sell either of those. Some coke and pills/MDMA  perhaps. Most small time dealers are selling to the party crowd, not hardline addicts. I suppose that could have changed,

Bearing in mind it's my day job and I've dealt with countless drug dealers from teeny tiny little ones to get big multi ton importations of all sorts of drugs,  it is my experience they sell the lot. 

2 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Afraid it is. Average thc content of 25%, some potent shatter or oil going way higher. They even smoke it like heroin too on tinfoil and inhale the vapor such is it's strength. The were in the 60s was about 5% tops. 

Bearing in mind it's my day job and I've dealt with countless drug dealers from teeny tiny little ones to get big multi ton importations of all sorts of drugs,  it is my experience they sell the lot. 

I'm aware how much stronger it is. That still does not make it comparable to heroin.

Let's put in this way. If I had a gun to your head and told you that for the next week you were going to smoke one or the other. We all know which one you'd be choosing, and it wouldn't be heroin.

Ok, fair enough. Not in my experience though.

10 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

I'm aware how much stronger it is. That still does not make it comparable to heroin.

Let's put in this way. If I had a gun to your head and told you that for the next week you were going to smoke one or the other. We all know which one you'd be choosing, and it wouldn't be heroin.

Ok, fair enough. Not in my experience though.

You can hold what you like to my head but I'd not smoke either.

I'll go with what the dr's say. The physical affects of the intoxication are now comparable in the effects of heroin. Long gone is the harmless bit of weed.

Just now, Mr_Nobody said:

Heroin deaths in the UK last year - almost 3,000.

Marijuana deaths - 0

Only 3000?  

That's  not the point I'm making though, I'm not talking about the deaths directly attributable to it (hence why only 3000), nor the addictive quality of it. The intoxication is comparable. 

Ie if you smoke weed and compare how high you got to heroin they are comparable. Hence my original point. 

5 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Only 3000?  

That's  not the point I'm making though, I'm not talking about the deaths directly attributable to it (hence why only 3000), nor the addictive quality of it. The intoxication is comparable. 

Ie if you smoke weed and compare how high you got to heroin they are comparable. Hence my original point. 

Yes, only 3,000, opiate related. Include cocaine and prescription drugs and it's higher.

Never tried heroin (I've heard it's a little moreish) so I can't compare. Maybe, in that particular direct comparison, I suppose it could be true. I'm sceptical though. 

1 minute ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Yes, only 3,000, opiate related. Include cocaine and prescription drugs and it's higher.

Never tried heroin (I've heard it's a little moreish) so I can't compare. Maybe, in that particular direct comparison, I suppose it could be true. I'm sceptical though. 

Don't be sceptical. I'm not saying it for a laugh. It's reality. 

To be fair you kinda have to want to be addicted to heroin. Unlike crack. Once either have you though,  that's it. 

Meth is worse. 

I've spoken to a lot of individuals who dispute cannabis isint addictive. That may be their personality. The effects of the drugs however are clear to see. Cannabis is far far removed for yesteryear.  The drugs trade is consoderably more ruthless. 

I still think cannabis may as well be legalised.or perhaps the courts enforce the law when they have the opportunity, instead of finding an excuse to not send someone to an expensive prison cell. 

9 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Don't be sceptical. I'm not saying it for a laugh. It's reality. 

To be fair you kinda have to want to be addicted to heroin. Unlike crack. Once either have you though,  that's it. 

Meth is worse. 

I've spoken to a lot of individuals who dispute cannabis isint addictive. That may be their personality. The effects of the drugs however are clear to see. Cannabis is far far removed for yesteryear.  The drugs trade is consoderably more ruthless. 

I still think cannabis may as well be legalised.or perhaps the courts enforce the law when they have the opportunity, instead of finding an excuse to not send someone to an expensive prison cell. 

Cannabis can certainly be psychologically addictive. I have no dispute with that. No major physical effects to withdrawal though. 

Crack is no more addictive than cocaine. They are the same drug. Crack is simply a smokeable form. I believe the "hit" is faster though. The explosion of crack in the states was at least partly down to the fact that users could buy $10 rocks rather than having to fork out for a weight of coke, that at the time was quite expensive. A cheap quick hit.

As you say, personality may have something to do with it. There are certainly those with addictive personalities and that can take them down self destructive paths.

My take. Legalise cannabis, decriminalise the rest. Our heroin related deaths are 12 times that of Portugal where drug possession has been decriminalised since 2001.

I work in security at a big university and management make a big thing of it even a tiny roach , Me i love it they smoke it it mellows them im nearly 60 im too old to go toe to toe with some of the young male students , when there drunk there in your face a couple of guys have been spat on in the face give me cannabis anytime 

Though last week a non student staying with his girlfriend high on cocaine was naked in a kitchen and the guy hospitalized 3 of our guys as they went to let his girlfriend into her room for a lockout , screaming and shouting they are breaking into my room 

First two cops to arrive did nothing till back up arrived 6 police and a dog to take him down