Royal Norfolk Show

marsh man

16 hours ago, ditchman said:

no big loss...................

I would say it’s a big loss to the farming community, traders and the thousands of people who attend each day,  my 9year old daughter and I shall miss our annual dad and daughter day at the show this year..Always a great day learning about farming and the countryside...

i come from a farming community....and i havnt been for 12 years........its just a huge rip-off from the time you drive in the gate..........i think the Aylsham show is better...........loads of the stalls that used to be there arnt there anymore cause of the HORRIFIC cost of the square footage...........

its a bloody expensive day out with a family of 2 or 3 children.........

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

i come from a farming community....and i havnt been for 12 years........its just a huge rip-off from the time you drive in the gate..........i think the Aylsham show is better...........loads of the stalls that used to be there arnt there anymore cause of the HORRIFIC cost of the square footage...........

its a bloody expensive day out with a family of 2 or 3 children.........

I think that goes for most of these shows these days including game fairs.  The last few Royal Shows became big expensive Saturday Markets with very little agricultural and eventually it died a death. The individual days like LAMMA have become much more attractive.   The National Ploughing match is slowly sliding that way unfortunately.

On 20/03/2020 at 16:59, Walker570 said:

I think that goes for most of these shows these days including game fairs.  The last few Royal Shows became big expensive Saturday Markets with very little agricultural and eventually it died a death. The individual days like LAMMA have become much more attractive.   The National Ploughing match is slowly sliding that way unfortunately.

This one is still firmly and unarguably an agricultural show with the circus attached. Extensive and prestigious livestock judging, masses of large scale agricultural stands and plenty of scope for proper business networking. That said, even the circus element is everything you'll find at a game fair so putting the two together is pretty good value; I doubt if you could do the show properly in a single day. It's the game fairs I find thin and expensive.

1 hour ago, yod dropper said:

This one is still firmly and unarguably an agricultural show with the circus attached. Extensive and prestigious livestock judging, masses of large scale agricultural stands and plenty of scope for proper business networking. That said, even the circus element is everything you'll find at a game fair so putting the two together is pretty good value; I doubt if you could do the show properly in a single day. It's the game fairs I find thin and expensive.

Good to hear, let's hope it stays that way.  Gave up going to game fairs five years ago and now given up on gun shows as well.