Culture and family

Retsdon

For no particular reason after a glass or four of the homemade wine this evening, I had a recollection of this track and hunted it down. Julie Fowlis singing to her baby. I'd almost forgotten about it, but it's as good as I remember it. I'm just sharing the link for anyone who likes this kind of thing. And for anyone who wants an encore ...https://youtu.be/x7jW5qDexnc?t=146 ...she has such a disciplined voice. But I'm probably prejudiced because I love the Gaelic sound.

Edited by Retsdon

Lovely tune fella! think a lot of folk feeling reflective at mo. Try Red Dirt Skinners version of Pink Floyds  Comfortably Numb. Like folky Floyd. . . Strangely bumped into an old girl friend of mine to day i hadn't seen for 30 years. She reminded me of our tune i hadn't listened to for ages. So i had to look it up and av a listen. Siouxsie And The Banshees  Last Beat Of My Heart. A  truly great tune! Well worth a listen. Have heard it played at weddings and funerals amongst my crowd. Works for both! She well talented and great writer. Been a fan for years. . . Another lovely song from back then is Kirsty McColl's So Long As You Hold Me.  NB

12 minutes ago, WestonSalop said:

I'm an emotional bloke and music often really "gets" me. Sorry to sound so cissy. But Kate Rusby's voice gets me more than most. Beautiful...…….🥵

Same here fella when it comes to  music! 😉 Especially female artists. BIG fan of Kate to! She got an amazing voice and write some great tunes. Got tickets to see here next month in a huge lovely old wool church local to me in Lavenham Suffolk. Been really looking forward to it as i have worked on that church over the years and the acoustics are amazing! Don't think it will go ahead now but there's nowt on her web site?     NB

2 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

Kate is a lovely lass, was even as a kid  --  If you can listen to her cover of the Kinks "village green preservation society"  = strikes a chord.

One of my most favourite songs. The Kinks original was clever but Kate's version is very atmospheric.