Neighbours

strimmer_13

Right first off I'd like to explain myself. I've moved here about 5 years ago into the better part of town, not swanky but the higher price range of town as 1, I don't like people and 2 was hoping not to have problems due to crime, and as a rule I've found the more home owners you have, generally you don't get as many **** heads living there. But here's my problem. 1 neighbour. And his friends (travellers). From the moment I moved in hes been out to make my life (and my neighbours lives) hell.

We have a straight about 30 yards infront of mine (in between double yellows) and other houses where we could park, but hes decided to dump loads of cars there. He has space directly infront of his own as well. At any given point he could have 7 of his and another 2-3 of his 'mates' all up the street causing me and my neighbours to park upto 100 yards away. That I really couldn't be too bothered about, ive lived in places before where you can't park anywhere near where you live, but hes even gone up the road to hit my car door in with a hammer as there wasn't any cameras that way. But the other day there was a space there so I took it, to come out today to find hes keyed it on the rear (AGAIN) as there is no cameras there. We as neighbours have tried every route from trying to be friendly to full on arguments with him. He gets his mates to film it all on there phones whilst laughing. He threatened to kick my neighbours head in (shes a mother of 2 while her blokes serving in the forces). He got his mate to drive flat out at my misses crossing the road with my boy, so I phoned the police who came out, didn't bother getting out their car and drove off. No evidence as i technically can't have a camera there as we don't have a front garden and if we did it, it would face the public highway so I've been told I'm not allowed. They are a known family in the area and the police can't be bothered. Every family here (10+) we get on with great but these ******** keep smashing our cars. 

Anybody has any legal ideas how to deal with them? 

I really wish I did but I'm sorry as the only ideas I have would involve doing time.

These people are detestable and should be either locked up for good or be euthanised. I feel so sorry for you mate and really wish you eventually get an outcome that leaves you able to live a peaceful life.

Keep making complaints to the Police, complaint to the IPCC that the Police are not taking action, complain to the council about anti-social behaviour etc over and over. 

I can see why people used to have a word with someone bigger and nastier than the neighbour asking them to sort it out. Things like this are reasons people used to go see loan shark type enforcers. The Police and local authorities failure to act have left you in a position where you can’t do anything. 

Do you know if he's the home owner or a renter ?

Also have you checked to see if all those cars are taxed if not report them and they'll get clamped and towed.

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

you can also tell if they are MOT'd....if he's seen or photographed driving them again he's in a bit of trouble

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/?_ga=2.43207596.808318670.1584720694-386310251.1581017902

Just puts a bit of pressure on him...

Edited by prem1234

Antisocial behaviour, criminal damage and intimidation, is a cancer in decent society, but the police and the authorities, for whatever reason, seem unwilling (unable?) to tackle it!.......but if you take matters into your own hands, they will chuck the book at you!
I sympathise with your plight.....but I’m sorry, I don’t have the answer, other than keep a detailed diary, including time, date, location and description of the incident, and keep reporting it to the police, always ask for an incident number every time you report it! when you have evidence via several police incident numbers....then start rattling your PCC, Chief constable, Local councillors and your MP’s cages!....it’ll be a war of attrition, but apart from moving house, I can’t see any other option?

Feel your pain,  if a gun owner proceed with extreme caution as once the police get involved even if you have done no wrong and are the victim they will likely take your guns away. 

if a member of any shooting organisations I would talk to them.

sorry to say moving house is probably your only simple way out of the situation.

Edited by rbrowning2

It's a battle it honestly is. I've complained to the council (seeing as I might get inside info seeing as I work there) to no avail. I've grassed him in for no mot, or tax many times but by the time the dvla come up they've sorted it (usually a month or 2 later at the earliest) or moved the cars round to the point where its not a highway. Police wernt interested as he wasn't driving it (just doing laps around the estate wasn't enough) , even once they came out and pulled up to have a laugh and chat with them for all of 30 seconds before moving off. Didnt even bother knocking on my door. I've got incident numbers when it first started but gave up with the police after they said I didn't have evidence (technically they are 100% correct, if everybody got a record for accusations, the justice system would be a joke). 

My neighbour directly next door to them and me (he's in the middle) has had his car scratched multiple times, he's a elderly gent who's absolutely great with us (we're shopping for each other atm) but he's come out to find their Christmas tree chucked on his bonnet and then their dog mess pressure washed through his fence (they have a malamute which is locked up all day, only seen it walked twice (in 5 years) where he dragged the 2 of them down the road at full speed). Rspca not bothered as it's fed and not unhealthy. Blatently is. Also cornered him with 5 of them but he's a tough secret horse (ex forces which he won't tell me about) and he wasn't phased but he's on his own facing off with them all the time whilst getting filmed by the *****. 

They know the law, 2 cars are outside their house which is just on the border of the estate joining ours, which has not been taken over by highways yet, so anybody can park a un-motd or taxed/insured vehicle there as the company who built the estate hasn't handed over the highway rights to the council. I'm temped to put in a petition to either get a disabled bay put in or ask for double yellows as it's on a corner. 

I am a firearms holder and its bloody hard not to just floor the lot, but ive done ******* well to not kick off, especially with one of them driving at my misses and kid. I've not reported most of the stuff, for the very reason of not wanting trouble on my record. 

Were saving to buy our first house so moving is a option just not for another year if I can help it. I just wanna make there lives hell now, legally. Their house and cars is in orange, I'm blue. Also I didn't mark it but he has another one above the one where his house is. They've changed the cars a few times since Google took that. They have cameras facing their cars but doesn't reach the furthest car marked on the right which is where mine always get keyed and occasionally me or a different neighbour grab. 

Also if anybody here is anything to do with help for heroes, I can guarantee that only a tiny percentage raised from their christmas light catastrophe actually went to the charity. They had big banners up this christmas but no way is he the charitable sort, he's always pulling stuff out his car in 1am which he's nicked from work (mainly brass stop cocks, one so big the other day he needed help). 

I miss living in the countryside 

Have you spoken to the council anti social behaviour officer? Or the neighbourhood policing sergeant? 

They would be my first port of call. Not calling the police via 101 as you'd get whatever response officer that was between jobs with a mountain of paperwork to write up before his next incident. 

As for the cctv. As a private individual You can film wherever you like in public. 

Alternately you could buy an old "bumper car" and not be too carefully as you park it. 

3 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

As for the cctv. As a private individual You can film wherever you like in public. 

I could put a camera up facing where I occasionally if I'm lucky park? Even tho it's facing directly onto the highway? 

That would sort half the keying 

Edited by strimmer_13

3 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I could put a camera up facing where I occasionally if I'm lucky park? Even tho it's facing directly onto the highway? 

That would sort half the keying 

If you walk down the street with a camcorder recording have you done anything wrong? No. Of course not. There is no difference to mounting a camera to watch your car. If you record someone keying it (criminal damage) and they can be identified, it would stand in court. 

Edited by GingerCat

Guidance on cctv

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-using-cctv/

the police are very risk adverse as you own firearms I would try and deescalate  the situation and avoid police intervention if they fear any confrontation you will lose your guns and struggle to get them back all the time the situation continues.

10 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

He is lucky you are a patient man. 

Its wearing thin. From all of us. Repercussions from the travelling community are also a major factor tbh 

13 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

If you had it trained on somenes bacl garden or bedroom you may be in trouble. The street , where no personal or private information is going to be gained, where any member of the public can stand and watch, is not an issue. Never has been. 

Right brilliant. 2 HD cameras it is then. I'll buy next doors for him as well, i know he's been on about one for a while

1 minute ago, wishy735 said:

Not sure of his house number, could get a lot of junk mail 😜 

No 1 😂

You know in all the time here I've never caught his name. 

Edited by strimmer_13

Cheap indoor CCTV cameras are available on tinternet. Difficult to damage if not mounted outside, plus they can pan, zoom, record, send alerts to your phone, intelligent tracking, on wifi, and have prosecuteable quality pictures. Downside is they only do a couple of days on a loop and being indoors can have blind spots. I have 4 mounted in various places to cover all my property, my car, my caravan and my garages. Total cost just under £100 and they come with removable sim cards as free.

Couple of stills to show the quality, taken a few mins ago.

Screenshot_20200320-211742_YCC365 Plus.jpg

Screenshot_20200320-211831_YCC365 Plus.jpg

Indoors won't be a bad shout as a back up, I'm sure the outside one would mysteriously get knocked off by them. 

4 minutes ago, decoy1979 said:

I'd start by finding someone with a hiab that could lift/relocate a few cars for you when the scrote is out one day. They'd be in and out in minutes 😉, ok maybe not totally legal but you wouldn't be the one doing it..

He tried running my neighbour round the back off the road last weekend, he's asked if I wanted them stacked up out front. He's a full time arb with some massive tractor/kit. I said no, last thing i want is the ******** getting compo/insurance and him getting nicked. Would love to see it tho 

There’s not much you can do. They will play with you now for rest of time you live there. The only answer is moving. The authorities will not be of any immediate help to you and your involvement with them has already jeopardised your ticket. It’s hard, it’s not fair and it’s very common. I’m going through similar and it will only improve when we move. I’ve been assaulted, harassed, intimidated, cars vandalised at home and at my shoot, the home property has been vandalised too. All because I stand up to a bunch of state sponsored mugs. I’ve been told that it’s very unlikely that my ticket will be renewed next year. 

I know what I would do but I have been told that I make poor decisions by several judges.   Get a small trash can.  About 10-15 gallons.  **** in it for a couple weeks until you fill it half way up with rancid urine.  Then lean it against his front door ring the door bell.  When he opens the door the trash can will fall inwards dumping 10 gallons of rancid urine on his feet and into his house.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant