Better end than start to the week.

muncher

I had the horrible decision on Monday to put my 5 year old lab down due to a tumour between her lungs. I didn't know how I would feel going without her and woodie together but I didn't find it as bad as I thought I might. I took this afternoon off as a farmer friend of mine called to say his barley drilling had a lot of pigeons on it. I arrived to find the best part of 750 down feeding hard, so I didn't wait to see if they would come back after I scared them off I just set up. I had 10 plastic shells and no dead birds for the rotory. That was a mistake as it took me and hour to shoot 2. Then they stated to decoy quite well and I was shooting quite well with several doubles helping to boost the decoys. The rain showers were a pain but seemed to get birds moving, but I didn't get the amount of birds I expected but I managed to pick up 44 and enjoyed myself, and was impressed how well Woodie worked today.

IMG-20200320-160202638.jpg
IMG-20200205-085359871.jpg

One of her last retrieves, cracking dog with a lot of character.

Edited by muncher

It never gets any easier. Sad news indeed and a young dog....been there too many times and know full well the hurt.  Good move to get out with Woodie....he looks a character....

and those 40 odd pigeons will be remembered for a long time along with that young companion who couldn't share it with you.

6 hours ago, Walker570 said:

It never gets any easier. Sad news indeed and a young dog....been there too many times and know full well the hurt.  Good move to get out with Woodie....he looks a character....

and those 40 odd pigeons will be remembered for a long time along with that young companion who couldn't share it with you.

Woodie is certainly a character, and also the arch nemesis of my dog!

R.I.P Rudi. Only saw her a week ago. Such a shame. 

4 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

It’s a 3 barrel shotgun a very nice gun 

2 barrels side by side and one on top 

Wow is that better than a standard 3 shot auto they must be heavy are they single trigger do they break like a s.s.

Yes it does open like a sxs, and I'm not sure he did while working,to be honest the last to trips is the best behaved he has ever been. Possibly worried he is next! I had to out 5 ounces in the stock to balance it up. But it handles very well for 9 1/2lb I've shot triples on pigeons and pinks with it, U bought it around Xmas.

IMG-20200217-072949194.jpg

To give you a rough idea if the layout. Sorry yes they are a single trigger, some say the trigger pull is heavy but not on this one.

Edited by muncher

3 hours ago, muncher said:

Yes it does open like a sxs, and I'm not sure he did while working,to be honest the last to trips is the best behaved he has ever been. Possibly worried he is next! I had to out 5 ounces in the stock to balance it up. But it handles very well for 9 1/2lb I've shot triples on pigeons and pinks with it, U bought it around Xmas.

IMG-20200217-072949194.jpg

To give you a rough idea if the layout. Sorry yes they are a single trigger, some say the trigger pull is heavy but not on this one.

Much appreciated thanks it looks awesome.