Best Film Quotes

chrisjpainter

On 22/03/2020 at 10:29, moor man said:

Do you know what nemesis means?                 A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent..................personified in this case by a 'orrible .....................................me.

Bricktop, snatch

👍

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about...

You get a job before sundown! or we're shipping you off to military school with the god damn finklestein **** kid! sonofabitch!

Or ... And a good day to you sir! ... Is this your homework Larry? ... eight year olds dude,

and... what is it to you? friendo?

I can't remember word for word the intro to stand by me, but it was word for word what Stephen king wrote in the short story, I can't even find the book to share it, but it still chokes me up so it does

18 hours ago, Paddy Galore! said:

how about...

You get a job before sundown! or we're shipping you off to military school with the god damn finklestein **** kid! sonofabitch!

Or ... And a good day to you sir! ... Is this your homework Larry? ... eight year olds dude,

and... what is it to you? friendo?

I can't remember word for word the intro to stand by me, but it was word for word what Stephen king wrote in the short story, I can't even find the book to share it, but it still chokes me up so it does

Stand By me:

I was twelve going on thirteen first time I saw a dead human being. 
	  It happened in the summer of nineteen-fifty-nine. A long time ago.
	  But only if you measure in terms of years.

We Were Soldiers , Mel Gibsons character , after finding his forces were surrounded " Now I know how Custer felt " his Sgt Major replied," Custer was a pussy, your not".

Battle of Britain , Polish training flight ' instructed to return to base but say "repeat please " and peel off one by one. And start jabbering in there own language ,

and the flight leader shouts " Silence in Polish".

Long but in the story, a hinge passage;

You know Charlie Walser's, got that place out east of Sanderson? Well, you know how they used to slaughter beeves, hit 'em right there with a maul, truss 'em up and slit their throats? Here, ol' Charlie's got one all trussed up, all set to drain him and the beef comes to, starts thrashing around. Six hundred pounds of very ******-off livestock. If you'll excuse the... Well... Charlie grabs the gun there, shoot the damn thing in the head, but with all the swingin' and the thrashin', it's a glance-shot, ricochets around, comes back and hits Charlie in the shoulder. You go see Charlie, he still can't pick up his right hand for his hat... The point bein', that even in the contest between man and steer, the issue is not certain.