Chris Packham , BBC SOUTH TODAY video, please watch and listen

oldypigeonpopper

Hello, as above, i cannot put up a link, FARMERS WILL HAVE TO SELF ISOLATE ?? SOME WILDLIFE WILL GET SOME RESPITE ?? is this an underlying tone of taking the pee because farmers will not able to protect crops or corvids right in the Lambing season, ????  many many farmers/land owners  only have themselves working and i am sure they are worried, any thoughts PW members ??

9 minutes ago, JRpigeon said:

Yep, i think we should all start today, lets have a 'Kwiss Day' and fill up the freezer in his name.

Top idea, 

I never thought I'd say this but I do 100% agree with him on traveling less.

Edit to say, long term this might all do the UK tourism trade the world of good. Silver lining and all that.

Edited by Farmboy91

Wild Justice are still pushing for their £ 40,000 to fight NRW about the general licence  when most people are more concerned about slightly larger issues.Packham and his other two chums,and of coarse their wonderful legal team LeighDay.

6 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Top idea, 

I never thought I'd say this but I do 100% agree with him on traveling less.

Problem is, he made his money, travelled the globe, got his, Newforest house and then is pontificating on what everyone should not do.

If you want to make it equal, everyone gets 1 return flight per year non-transferable for personal use and 1 non transferable return flight for business use, it won't be the working man who squeals first as he can still go to greece for summer holidays but the execs, directors, milliinaires and billionaireswho are jetting back and fowards on a weekly or monthly basis.

3 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

Problem is, he made his money, travelled the globe, got his, Newforest house and then is pontificating on what everyone should not do.

If you want to make it equal, everyone gets 1 return flight per year non-transferable for personal use and 1 non transferable return flight for business use, it won't be the working man who squeals first as he can still go to greece for summer holidays but the execs, directors, milliinaires and billionaireswho are jetting back and fowards on a weekly or monthly basis.

Can't argue with that.

5 minutes ago, JRpigeon said:

No idea, wondered that myself.......

7 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Why would precautionary self isolation stop farmers getting about their everyday work? If there’s no contact with others they can get out onto the land and still be isolated!

Simply because he has no Idea and neither do a lot of his supporters

And farm workers can still turn up. They’ve only told pubs and places like that to stop:

key workers like healthcare and food provision should carry on.

I'm a self employed fencer and discussing with my boss if we should carry on. I reckon yes because there’s only two of us, we work in the middle of a field, and if cows get out, they won’t get milked and the country will die of thirst without milk for their tea.

packham is an idiot, why should farmers stop but supermarkets carry on?