3 days

dad

thursday i was back on the barley field just outside village 500 on it when i pulled up i secured permission from farm next door bordering it to drive down to my field expecting another good day. The 500 flew off when i arrived i quickly set up and they returned befor i finished unfortunately i put hide in same place as before but noticed the wind had moved frome a westerly to a bitter easterly and after a short time it became obvious the flight line had changed with it i could see them flying off to pastures new i stuck it for 2.5 hrs and shot 15 and packed up. On friday i had a look at some Barley drill on another farm about 4 fields,i found  a big gang sitting on some plough next to one of the field in the strong cold wind they were nipping backwards and forwards and there was a flightline joining them so i decided to set up with 8 dead and a turbo flapper within minutes birds were coming in slowly into the wind but it didnt last long another shooter set up on neighbours farm right on my flight line about 200yds away and then on my own perm another shooter set up about 400yds away the one on neighbours didnt know i was there but the one on my perm did it soon became obvious sandwiched between the 2 it was all over for me so i packed up with 5. While i was there hare coursers turned up drove to far end of farm got out and i could see them and their dogs running about after about 30min they made a very quick retreat 4 of them giving me a wave and the finger  as they came past.i met a good mate saturday afternoon 1 oclock ish he'd been looking around his own perm all morning and found nothing and about to go home but he phoned me 1st i told him to look at 3 fields of mine drilled 3 days ago and report back. He reported about 300 down so i told him to do the walk and get set up i would be with him in 20 mins and walk down to him just with gun and carts then help bring his kit back when we packed up,when i arrived he was still sitting on side of rd watching,there was 300 down with birds joining when i got out of my car i could see why he hadn't set up there was a bitter cold wind straight in you're face in the only place to make a hide so we decided to look elsewhere found some not far away on another farm .i have to phone this farm 1st but couldnt get an answer so time running out moved on to a big field of beans drilled last weekend that i felt all week would be too wet to get to but 5 dry windy days was a maybe,text farmer told him i was taking a guest all ok. Pulled up to field and lifted about 1000 and decided to go for it 2 routes to get there 1st one we had to turn back 2nd one we made it and set up quickly with wind of our backs rotary turbo flapper and 5dead frozen birds which i think he must have got from iceland it was now 2.30 birds decoyed perfectly in the rush i had left my shooting glasses in the car so being as he doesnt get much shooting i let him get on with it he shot some missed some got 3  L and Rs had a great afternoon i shot 3  we should have got 50 but ended with 35 we had some good crack in the hide i find i enjoy watching as much as shooting. 1st pic thursday

2nd pic saturday

1 or to picked after pic.

20200319_134552_compress34.jpg

IMG_00431_compress27.jpg