It never fails.

NoBodyImportant

Washed the truck really good yesterday.  Friend called and wanted to trail ride and shoot guns today. As much as I loved my LandRover it’s hard to beat the capability of the Toyotas.  I will have to wash it again tomorrow but we had a good day. I hit and skid plate quite a bit so I’m thinking about a mild 3in lift and 33in tires. 

44B3ED80-09F6-4E1D-B3D1-5FC8884C704E.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

So is that your equivalent of our Hilux?

Yes,  The hilux doesn’t pass US safety standards.  We are forbidden to import them until they a 25 years old.  We aren’t smart enough to make our own vehicular choices. 

They also are loaded with bells and whistles that drive up the price.  I would love a stripped down hilux with manual windows and seats but they are rare.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant

17 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Yes,  The hilux doesn’t pass US safety standards.  We are forbidden to import them until they a 25 years old.  We aren’t smart enough to make our own vehicular choices. 

They also are loaded with bells and whistles that drive up the price.  I would love a stripped down hilux with manual windows and seats but they are rare.  

😂 I can't say I'm overly surprised they don't, there used to be a 53 plate single cab at work, manual gearbox and windows, no central locking,  it had only done 50,000 miles but it might aswell have been 500,000 for the state it was in. 

Don't get me wrong it wasn't a bad truck but to call it agricultural would be generous. 

After being around numerous older trucks I'm looking for as many luxuries as possible, I'd love a raptor!

Edited by Farmboy91

6 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

😂 I can't say I'm overly surprised they don't, there used to be a 53 plate single cab at work, manual gearbox and windows, no central locking,  it had only done 50,000 miles but it might aswell have been 500,000 for the state it was in. 

Don't get me wrong it wasn't a bad truck but to call it agricultural would be generous. 

After being around numerous older trucks I'm looking for as many luxuries as possible, I'd love a raptor!

My dream vehicle would be a 1980s -1990 4 door hilux.  

1 hour ago, washerboy said:

Always wanted a k5 blazer 

A friends dad had one when we where kids, 40 years ago. 

My friend had a 454 big block one setting on 44in tires.  It got about 7mpg but it would smoke those 44in tires.  

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

Damn you dream big :lol:

😂 I guess it’s a case of wanting what you cannot have. 

8 minutes ago, Mullard83 said:

I used to have a old p reg double cab pickup that I used for shooting & mild off roading. You had to get out & lock the hubs manually, but it was no match for the hills compared to the land rover defender I had.

Dan

My series 2 did ok.  I put the original style byply tires on it and it wasn’t good in the mud.  

In comparison in my defender 90 I went through a heavily churned up cattle field in winter wildfowling. I was on half worn road tyres & thought I may get stuck seeing the mud was halfway up the tyres. Luckily the farmer gave me his number in case I did need rescuing, but it coped surprisingly well.

Dan