Sea Eagle.

twenty

An immature White Tailed Eagle (Of the Genus,Sea Eagle), spotted over the Forest of Dean yesterday being mobbed by Buzzards.

Probably one of the six eaglets released on the Isle of Wight last year, from established breeding sources in Scotland.(over 100 pairs).

The UK's largest bird of prey, 4th biggest eagle in the world with a wingspan of 2.4mt/8ft. 

1 hour ago, JDog said:

There will soon be reports of its demise with allegations of the existence of shotgun pellets.

Only a couple of months ago a Kestrel was shot near Newent, (West Glos),......the culprit was never found, although people heard the shot and saw the bird fall.

It was taken to a local wildlife hospital but could not be saved.

3 hours ago, ninjaferret said:

At Distance ? Wouldn't you see the bird fall before the shot ??????????

Photographic evidence showing the injuries prove the shotgun theory, I would think it was shot as it hovered in the air, a fair amount of the breast was damaged, and also the inner flight feathering on that side of the male bird, two people were witness to the bird dropping from the sky after a gunshot, that is all I know.

Photographic evidence available at   Raptor persecution UK (Kestrel shot in Gloucestershire)

Edited by twenty

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/03/2020 at 17:15, twenty said:

Photographic evidence showing the injuries prove the shotgun theory, I would think it was shot as it hovered in the air, a fair amount of the breast was damaged, and also the inner flight feathering on that side of the male bird, two people were witness to the bird dropping from the sky after a gunshot, that is all I know.

Photographic evidence available at   Raptor persecution UK (Kestrel shot in Gloucestershire)

Isn’t raptor persecution UK Ruth Tingays hobbyhorse? She of Wild Justice (along with Avery and Packham) extremist notoriety? Strange how these three keep coming up with “witnesses” and photos purporting to be “evidence” of raptors being illegally shot or trapped?......and equally strange how the authorities won’t touch their allegations with the proverbial barge pole. Lol!

Raptor persecution also happens in nature, last week i found a dead Sparrowhawk in the garden  that had been mobbed and killed by Magpies and also about 2 years ago one night there was a hell of a racket in my front garden from a group of Magpies, the next morning i found a dead Buzzard at the base of the tree where the magpies were.

So the Raptor lovers should encourage the culling of Magpies.

Here is a pic of the Sparrowhawk, i didnt take a pic of the Buzzard but i wish i had just to prove to the Raptor lot that every dead raptor has not been shot

100_0681.JPG

2 hours ago, aberisle said:

Raptor persecution also happens in nature, last week i found a dead Sparrowhawk in the garden  that had been mobbed and killed by Magpies and also about 2 years ago one night there was a hell of a racket in my front garden from a group of Magpies, the next morning i found a dead Buzzard at the base of the tree where the magpies were.

So the Raptor lovers should encourage the culling of Magpies.

Here is a pic of the Sparrowhawk, i didnt take a pic of the Buzzard but i wish i had just to prove to the Raptor lot that every dead raptor has not been shot

100_0681.JPG

My son has a Siberian Goshawk (albidus), last week she was flighting after a duck, but disturbed a buzzard, which she turned on to and took to ground, even though the buzzard was a larger hawk, the gos despacted it easily............more raptor persecution...........albeit raptor on raptor.

All the best,

6 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

How does that sit legally, twenty, with the Buzzard being protected? Also with Duck being out of season as well - interested to know if Falconry has to abide by the same rules as the shooting fraternity?

Yeah they follow the same game seasons as Shooting,

But when exercising birds outside of the season they are free flying, therefore not specifically hunting, they will often go after woodpigeon and crow.

1 hour ago, JDog said:

This one will amaze you. Two White Tailed Sea Eagles were in Grimsby yesterday. I don't think they will stay long.

If they are wing tagged, and close enough to distinguish the tag colour, you can find out where,  and when they were fledged, courtesy of the  RSPB East Scotland Sea Eagle website.

Lots of other info about the re-introduction as well.

All the best.