Small air pistol for teaching a youngster

Huntly

Good morning all,

Since my little girls classes have all stopped for the foreseeable future, I'm thinking now would be a good time to build a small range in the back garden and start teaching her the basics. I'm looking for something to get her started so inexpensive and nothing too fancy, I've got no real preference towards spring, ssp or CO2, they all seem to have pros and cons. I had a Gamo P23 when they first came out years ago and from memory one of those would be ideal because it was fairly small, light, had a rifled barrel for single shot pellet but also the option of loading up the magazine with lead bb's for fast plinking fun, I really regret giving that away! A small air rifle could be an option too, but she's only 5 years old so it does need to be small. 

What have people got lying around? I'm in Aberdeenshire, North east Scotland,  so ideally something local or if you're prepared to post I would consider that. 

Cheers!

41 minutes ago, Huntly said:

Good morning all,

Since my little girls classes have all stopped for the foreseeable future, I'm thinking now would be a good time to build a small range in the back garden and start teaching her the basics. I'm looking for something to get her started so inexpensive and nothing too fancy, I've got no real preference towards spring, ssp or CO2, they all seem to have pros and cons. I had a Gamo P23 when they first came out years ago and from memory one of those would be ideal because it was fairly small, light, had a rifled barrel for single shot pellet but also the option of loading up the magazine with lead bb's for fast plinking fun, I really regret giving that away! A small air rifle could be an option too, but she's only 5 years old so it does need to be small. 

What have people got lying around? I'm in Aberdeenshire, North east Scotland,  so ideally something local or if you're prepared to post I would consider that. 

Cheers!

PM'd

11 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Might I suggest a Crosman 2240  and fit a shoulder stock - cheap as chips (around £85 new) and very accurate - also makes a nice bang on firing which kids seem to like.

Did the same with a crosman 1377 for the grandson, cut the stock down and stuck on a red dot, 2 pumps and it's ok at 5 yards.