BASC and Eley.

mudpatten

Here`s one for the conspiracy theorists among us.

You will remember that BASC has always maintained that it liaised with the cartridge manufacturers throughout the run up to the lead shot fiasco.

As BASC sponsors, much of that laison was allegedly done through David Thompson, Head of sales for Eley who attended numerous meetings at which this whole isues was discussed and who, it is alleged, was responsible for onwardly transmitting this information to the rest of the cartridge trade.

As of the last couple of weeks, his services have been dispensed with by Eley.

I`m merely making an observation here. There is no underlying suggestion or statement.

BASC say the cartridge makers were told. That, BASC maintain, is a fact.

The cartridge industry says it was not told and are equally adamant about it.

The former sales director of the cartridge company that sponsored BASC and attended numerous meetings regarding this subject now no longer works for Eley. For all I know he may simply, and coincidentally, have been made redundant.

29 minutes ago, mudpatten said:

I`m merely making an observation here. There is no underlying suggestion or statement.

BASC say the cartridge makers were told. That, BASC maintain, is a fact.

The cartridge industry says it was not told and are equally adamant about it.

The former sales director of the cartridge company that sponsored BASC and attended numerous meetings regarding this subject now no longer works for Eley. For all I know he may simply, and coincidentally, have been made redundant.

Accepted that from the off by the wording of your post. :good:

His departure make well explain the confusion. If the organisations spoke to him and explained what they were going to do and asked if he'd pass the info on, then you can understand their statement that the makers were told. However, if David then failed to do that, then equally you can understand the makers' point of view.

But if we would like a conspiracy theory, how about that both sides slipped him some folding to take the fall that it was all his fault and he'll start work at Lyalvale in a few months when all the fuss has died down.

1 minute ago, mudpatten said:

I`m always fascinated to see how BASC is always at fault in the eyes of some. True it often is! But for some the hatred is beyond reason!.

on this occasion i’m stopping giving eley my money in order to be fair with basc i’m happy i know who lied but until one of them own up my cash goes elsewhere 

4 hours ago, wymberley said:

Accepted that from the off by the wording of your post. :good:

His departure make well explain the confusion. If the organisations spoke to him and explained what they were going to do and asked if he'd pass the info on

Sorry think that would be totally unprofessional of the shooting organisations to expect one cartridge manufacture to pass on or discuss any such suggested ban with their competitors, may even be against the competition laws, that responsibility was totally the responsibility of the shooting organisations and GTA.

My money is on the cartridge manufactures telling the truth, as BASC has sidestepped the issue when ask directly and carefully  tried to shift the focus away to when and what was said, to we must protect the future of shooting.

Edited by rbrowning2

1 minute ago, andrewluke said:

i would guess that David Thompson, Head of sales for Eley has been sacrificed for the sake of BASC

Or may be targets not met underperforming sales, let’s face it the rest of this year is going to be very tough for the shooting industry, clay clubs closing country in lockdown even game shooting must be at risk, who will be buying cartridges? Or he has had a better offer elsewhere.

could BASC really influence the departure of an employee from a different company?

18 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

i would guess that David Thompson, Head of sales for Eley has been sacrificed for the sake of BASC

biggest sacrifice has been the lead for all the screaming lead is toxic the neighbours couldn’t accept  most of yesterday’s bag fast enough to help them out a bit and they won’t touch it any other time so much for the evilness of lead 

1 hour ago, rbrowning2 said:

Sorry think that would be totally unprofessional of the shooting organisations to expect one cartridge manufacture to pass on or discuss any such suggested ban with their competitors, may even be against the competition laws, that responsibility was totally the responsibility of the shooting organisations and GTA.

My money is on the cartridge manufactures telling the truth, as BASC has sidestepped the issue when ask directly and carefully  tried to shift the focus away to when and what was said, to we must protect the future of shooting.

Yep, absolutely. I wasn't too clear. I didn't mean they had a quiet chat in the Jug and Bottle at the Rose and Crown, but at a bona Fide authorised meeting.

Who really cares at the mo?

Much more important things to think about at present.

How about those folk whose licences are expiring this year and need renewals? 

Doubtless the police may have more pressing matters? Perhaps BASC may be able to help or advise folk in this pickle.

The continual BASC bashing and conspiracy theories are getting tedious   

13 minutes ago, grahamch said:

Doubtless the police may have more pressing matters? Perhaps BASC may be able to help or advise folk in this pickle.

definately more important things,one is to find out who's got a gun to grahamch's head making him read these posts:hmm:

Edited by andrewluke
add emoji

22 minutes ago, grahamch said:

where’s this basc bashing? i see none on this post point it out please 

18 hours ago, 8 shot said:

Someone at the BASC should face the chop to, someone at the very top 

This approach (unfortunately) has only failed on previous occasions - either actual -regarding removal previous incumbent(s) or attempts by dis-satisfied section of the membership to get elected/introduce changes  i.e. failed to bring about an open and effective management at a failed "organisation".