Self Isolating In a Field! SUNDAY 22nd March BEFORE the LOCKDOWN.

TIGHTCHOKE

Having shot some clays yesterday at Sporting Targets, I ventured out to Cottesmore this morning and set up away from human contact and shot a few pigeons.

The breasts are now chilling in the fridge to be taken to a family who so far have been unable to buy any fresh meat.

IMG_20200322_135958a.jpg

IMG_20200322_142507a.jpg

6 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

..... shot a few pigeons.

The breasts are now chilling in the fridge to be taken to a family who so far have been unable to buy any fresh meat.

That is very good of you, excellent example of a social conscience

7 minutes ago, getthegat said:

So is crop protection an essential job making it legal to go in the fields by ones self? We're closing the workshop and the missus wont want me around the house while she works from home.

I would email your MP and ask them the question. The crops and livestock will still need protecting, but as technically it is not your job, you may be prohibited.

Edited by Newbie to this

17 minutes ago, getthegat said:

Local MPs office says in theory it's ok to continue with crop protection. It potentially counts as your once a day exercise and in the fields is self isolating. 

Is that a genuine reply because if so that opens the door to quite a few opportunties and solitary jobs could be completed legally.

14 minutes ago, getthegat said:

Local MPs office says in theory it's ok to continue with crop protection. It potentially counts as your once a day exercise and in the fields is self isolating. 

That is good to know , just getting out in my beloved countryside is a tonic even if my mind is not on getting a heavy bag .

Well done to Tightchoke, not only for his report but also for his generous way of helping those who need help , nice one

20 minutes ago, getthegat said:

Fully agree, getting my once a day exercise, sit in a ditch for a rest, shoot a few pigeons to protect the food supply of the nation and feed myself, thereby not having to go to the shops - win win win

Well done tightchoke its hard to find people my way that want any i even put a card in local shop free pigeons?

I had a good day monday 76 didnt go tuesday was going again wednsday but got a text from government last night saying stay in so i have but regret it already and its only 10am what to do is a dilemma.