Self Isolating In a Field! SUNDAY 22nd March BEFORE the LOCKDOWN.

TIGHTCHOKE

5 minutes ago, dad said:

Well done tightchoke its hard to find people my way that want any i even put a card in local shop free pigeons?

I had a good day monday 76 didnt go tuesday was going again wednsday but got a text from government last night saying stay in so i have but regret it already and its only 10am what to do is a dilemma.

Cheers Dad

The Lady in question was over the moon and immediately offered me booze. 

I stated she didn't need to bother as it was my pleasure, I had after all enjoyed the couple of hours out in the field.

She insisted and will be getting me some beer which I will happily accept!

WIN - WIN:good:

1 hour ago, macca2017 said:

I would advise you get something in Writing before venturing out, one of my employees was stopped by the police this morning and ask where they were going.   I have given everybody a letter today, just stating where they work and that they cannot works from home.

Your point would be more prudent in another thread, those woodpigeons were shot last Sunday, breasted, chilled and given to the Lady on Monday at work.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

Yesterday morning i could hear 2 guns no more than 1/2 mile outside the village having plenty of shooting on some drilling and again this morning out of curiosity i got in car for a look and saw 2 seperate l/rovers parked 300yds apart and rotaries and deeks out and i know this land is the perm of a rather aggressive semi commercial who charges shooters but doesnt admit to it.

2 minutes ago, dad said:

Yesterday morning i could hear 2 guns no more than 1/2 mile outside the village having plenty of shooting on some drilling and again this morning out of curiosity i got in car for a look and saw 2 seperate l/rovers parked 300yds apart and rotaries and deeks out and i know this land is the perm of a rather aggressive semi commercial who charges shooters but doesnt admit to it.

Just another greedy bar-steward that will help us lose our shooting!

After sitting in the front room of a farmer i  know and having a cup of tea i asked if i could resume shooting his land after an illness absence he told me help yourself go when you like i thanked him and said make sure you tell the part time keeper (they have 1 shoot a year). I have shot on there with others for over 30 years.shortly afterwards while shooting i was approached and told in no uncertain manner i wasnt welcome and if i wanted to shoot i had to go through him so i decided i didnt need the hassle and walked away i know the farmer doesnt know whats going on he's a very nice chap.

16 minutes ago, dad said:

After sitting in the front room of a farmer i  know and having a cup of tea i asked if i could resume shooting his land after an illness absence he told me help yourself go when you like i thanked him and said make sure you tell the part time keeper (they have 1 shoot a year). I have shot on there with others for over 30 years.shortly afterwards while shooting i was approached and told in no uncertain manner i wasnt welcome and if i wanted to shoot i had to go through him so i decided i didnt need the hassle and walked away i know the farmer doesnt know whats going on he's a very nice chap.

i had one exactly the same never meet the idiot before I took it up with the farmer soon sorted out chat to the farmer he’s top of the trough good luck 

dont think that would be for you...pigeon shooting is done by farmers/gamekeepers/etc

He may have though that you were farmer or landowner or gamekeeper. You meet the self isolating part the travel no as it is your essential job.... Exercise rule could qualify under walking in countryside ...but then sat shooting?? Doubtful  ... Again we shooters are left in limbo.best wait till given clear info..yes damage will be done crops eaten..we may need food if this continues for long time..then if damage is great..we may see a death warrant on the woodie..crow..rabbit and all vermin. Packham..Avery and All can..??????..As an estate landowner im not too sure my advice is keep the gun in the gun cabinet ..wait till legally told.

Edited by clay shooter

13 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Your point would be more prudent in another thread, those woodpigeons were shot last Sunday, breasted, chilled and given to the Lady on Monday at work.

good point they can now show proof that they work in allowed jobs..just make sure if YOU are asked by the police you confirm some may invent that con to get around the rules..Here abouts the police have been enforcing that regulation chief constable Steve Watson made public tv statement on that.My staff live in village or very local within 3miles.so cycle or walk in  our keeper just walks drives as usual.

Edited by clay shooter

At the end of the day common sense should prevail, however, rules have to be in place for the masses. . . . if you looked at it logically out in a field doing what we do is 100% safe compared with going to Tesco regarding the lockdown; but we ain't allowed to do it ( yet )

On 25/03/2020 at 22:30, getthegat said:

No, just on the phone.  Will try and get in writing 

My MP said pest control can continue  as long as social distancing is adhered to and limited travel.  My workshop is in the middle of my perms, so I'm all but there anyway. Got this in an email ie writing. May vary from person to person so can't say this would be ok for everyone