More on the spray

kitchrat

500 acres of newly drilled beans (not too well drilled) on a farm the pigeons usually love, sprayed the same day as explained in earlier posting - about 50 pigeons in total yesterday and 20 today. No new local drillings to pull them away.

Spoke to my farmer pal Matt, with whom I had shot about 350 over 3 fields of drilled beans a few weeks ago.  These fields had not been sprayed  because it was too wet and the pigeons loved it.

Now tell me it doesn't make a difference!!!

Oh Heck, I'm in trouble!! I wasn't the only one shooting the beans, we all had good bags.

I'm only asking about the spray, there are still no birds on the new beans, I just DO'NT know. SO SORRY if I got it wrong.

If the point of this forum is to slag people off, then I'll stop posting, only trying to entertain in these troubled times.

You can see in this video that the spray applied mid session does little to deter the pigeons. It maybe is possible pigeons are put off certain fields after being sprayed but I never seen it before having shot pea fields for a good few years now.

Edited by aga man

2 hours ago, LFP76 said:

Kitchrat, I know your, as you put it 'Farmer Pal Matt' very well. That is the bigest load of rubbish I have ever heard. I can assure you that that spray makes no diffrence what ever you may think, you shot 90 on a field that had been sprayed with Navarna a pre-emergence spray for Blackgrass. This quite clearly made no diffrence. I can assure you it was sprayed aswell as I saw your  'FARMER PAL MATT' spraying it the same day it was drilled!!!!!

So I am now I am telling you Pre-Emergence sprays dont make any diffrence. They will either want it or not Spray or no spray! 

P.s Dont exagarate to much your 'Farmer Pal Matt' told me how many were shot on those beans and it more like 280! 

That is a very harsh post.

4 hours ago, LFP76 said:

Kitchrat, I know your, as you put it 'Farmer Pal Matt' very well. That is the bigest load of rubbish I have ever heard. I can assure you that that spray makes no diffrence what ever you may think, you shot 90 on a field that had been sprayed with Navarna a pre-emergence spray for Blackgrass. This quite clearly made no diffrence. I can assure you it was sprayed aswell as I saw your  'FARMER PAL MATT' spraying it the same day it was drilled!!!!!

So I am now I am telling you Pre-Emergence sprays dont make any diffrence. They will either want it or not Spray or no spray! 

P.s Dont exagarate to much your 'Farmer Pal Matt' told me how many were shot on those beans and it more like 280! 

A peculiar first post

5 hours ago, LFP76 said:

Actually, you are quite right, I had included some that were shot over mashed maize AND rounded up by 7. Truly sorry for the mistake, hardly warrants your attack. Why are you so keen to attack my theory/question about the spray, which might be completely wrong ? Do you sell it? Surely, if it pigeon-proofed the field that would be a sales point!

Discuss, don't attack!

Lighten up!!

24 minutes ago, kitchrat said:

Actually, you are quite right, I had included some that were shot over mashed maize AND rounded up by 7. Truly sorry for the mistake, hardly warrants your attack. Why are you so keen to attack my theory/question about the spray, which might be completely wrong ? Do you sell it? Surely, if it pigeon-proofed the field that would be a sales point!

Discuss, don't attack!

Lighten up!!

Do you know LFP76, sounds as if he knows you, could he possibly be someone who also shoots the same farm?

Anyway answer to your question, it will not stop pigeons feeding on those sprayed beans.

I have seen peas sown on a field that I would have put money on but they just did not show.

6 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Presumably another one post wonder!

Probably so but its strange how he seems to know both the farmer, the farm and the field, just wondered if it was another shooter who got a bit jealous about the bag Kitchrat had on those fields, there are people like that.

2 hours ago, old'un said:

Probably so but its strange how he seems to know both the farmer, the farm and the field, just wondered if it was another shooter who got a bit jealous about the bag Kitchrat had on those fields, there are people like that.

Yes there are and I doubt we will ever know the truth, but may well lose a time served member.

9 hours ago, LFP76 said:

Kitchrat 

My what dramatic change to the original post!

He originally posted;

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
INCLUSION of original post.

I dont know too much tech about sprays but in the past i have had to pull in my deeks and sit in the car for half an hour while the tractor sprayed yellow mist then set up again and still shot some i think beans are like marmite if there is any thing else about especially seed they will leave beans alone i have seen beans sit on top for 4 weeks sometimes apart from crows they know they are not going anywhere and if they start chitting they get exta meal.