cordless drill recommendation

paul1966

1 minute ago, fatchap said:

Wachsmuth & Krogmann who ever they are?

Nice to see nobody is owning up to owning Silverline

Had a silver line 9'' angle grinder. Was lethal. Sold it on gumtree for a tenner with the caption, this tool will try and kill you. Had loads of interest and sold it within the hour 😂

Worst junk I've ever used

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, strimmer_13 said:

Had a silver line 9'' angle grinder. Was lethal. Sold it on gumtree for a tenner with the caption, this tool will try and kill you. Had loads of interest and sold it within the hour 😂

Worst junk I've ever used

Surprised you managed to get it out of its packaging without it breaking or already being broke. The worst tools out there.

5 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Surprised you managed to get it out of its packaging without it breaking or already being broke. The worst tools out there.

Ill always remember my dad buying a Silverline spanner out of a shop just to tighten the jocky wheel up on a trailer as we were driving past. It broke straight away. 

Just now, strimmer_13 said:

Ill always remember my dad buying a Silverline spanner out of a shop just to tighten the jocky wheel up on a trailer as we were driving past. It broke straight away. 

I got given Silverline welders clamps for a Birthday a while back 4 in a pack, 3 of them where in bits when I opened them up.

I am now thinkiing of spending a bit more and getting a dewalt twin pack that includes a impact driver along with hammer drill, i borrowed an impact driver to take a shed apart and it was very impressive, i struggled to undo the screws holding it together with a drill but with the impact driver they came out very easily.

22 hours ago, Brambles said:

If your gonna give the power tool a fair bit of work buy Hilti or Festool, expensive yes but really well made and great warranty and after sales service

Christ don't buy a festool! you could buy 5 of the cheaper drills for the price of a fezzy. I've had quite a bit of festool over the years, back when it was called festo or protool and it still goes wrong like anything else, before you make your mind up on a dewalt i'll mention metabo as a good and cheap alternative.

once upon a time any shop fitter worth his salt had Panasonic, I've still got a combi drill and impact driver from 2016 and it's still going strong. I remember dropping my 12v panny impact driver off a roof, hit every damn putlock on the way down and ended up in a huge puddle, there was narey a scratch on it, just dried it off and away it went.