JUST CARTRIDGE NEWS FLASH

hello, just had a mail from the above, due to the Corvid 19 epidemic,  cartridge components made in Spain/Italy and France will be in short supply hence the cartridge manufactures there and UK will not be able to produce the usual amounts needed and could be in short supply in the coming weeks/months in JC and a lot of RFDs , maybe PW members might think as myself to just get that extra 250 or 1000 or perhaps club together and buy a bulk supply, just enough to go around so all those in the shooting community will be able to continue helping our farmers with pigeon/blackies on the spring planting so they should have better yields at harvest time, and not forgetting our PW clay shooters if a clay clubs/grounds are open  ps not seen cartridge maker George on here for quite a while ???? cheers

Good sales technique, so reading between the lines, country will soon be in lockdown clay clubs are closing we need to sell sell now before forced to close or have no money to stay in business.

Had more discount offers from more business via emails in the last week than I have had in months, panic is setting in.

Edited by rbrowning2

8 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

Good sales technique, so reading between the lines, country will soon be in lockdown clay clubs are closing we need to sell sell now before forced to close or have no money to stay in business.

Had more discount offers from more business via emails in the last week than I have had in months, panic is setting in.

hello, that maybe so but i only posted to let PW members know for future reference, i have not advised to panic buy as in the Supermarket fiasco

6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, that maybe so but i only posted to let PW members know for future reference, i have not advised to panic buy as in the Supermarket fiasco

Apologies if my post read as to suggest you were. Just the marketing departments of large and small businesses using the opportunity to sell.

17 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

Apologies if my post read as to suggest you were. Just the marketing departments of large and small businesses using the opportunity to sell.

I think it’s well meant advice.

It was clear a week ago that the Italian component manufacturers were shut. The pipeline IS turned off.
I won’t need any clay shells but will get some for the woodies.

Many Hundreds  are dying every day in Italy due to Coronavirus is it really a time to be worrying about stockpiling cartridges or should we not be worrying about what will be the situation in this country in another week or two?  After all in a total lockdown situation you will not be allowed out to use them and the uk death rate is increasing faster than Italy did at this stage of confirmed Coronavirus cases.

My RFD phoned me to collect my order(placed pre madness) and told me, people have gone mad buying in bulk since he opened Tuesday. Whilst I was in the amount of people asking about buying guns, any guns, buying air rifles, pistols and pellets was amazing. Like watching bog roll disappear in a supermarket. It appears lots of folk are suddenly taking up "vermin control"

Heavy shot and heavy loads, 30g and upwards are the most popular buy! One guy asked what was the 'biggest most powerful cartridge' he could buy for 'his mates gun'. He wasn't happy when he was told no licence, no sale. "But my mates in the car" he said.🙄

Strange times🤔

1 hour ago, rbrowning2 said:

Many Hundreds  are dying every day in Italy due to Coronavirus is it really a time to be worrying about stockpiling cartridges or should we not be worrying about what will be the situation in this country in another week or two?  After all in a total lockdown situation you will not be allowed out to use them and the uk death rate is increasing faster than Italy did at this stage of confirmed Coronavirus cases.

quite right,just think how many would have survived if no one thought about stockpiling cartridges,just like everyone thinking about others when it comes to emptying the shelves in the food isles,

each to their own:good:

I roll my own. Sufficient basics for at least three years. 

If you read the main reason for high death rate in italy, then it is down to the fact they have a aged society compared to the rest of Europe.  It really is a sad and terrible situation they find themselves in.   Social media is not helping. It was put on Facebook that a certain Farm Shop had plenty of potatoes and within the hour there was a traffic jam outside, it went crazy.   We really have bred a lunatic society.

hello, i have never stated about stockpiling cartridges, it was more to relay the information that i received from JC on the situation that cartridge manufactures will have on their suppliers, as for the UK with the corvid 19 virus epidemic i am just as worried being of that certain age, tomorrow i shall be joining the oldies queue at tesco getting enough for my needs, lucky that i am in reasonable good health, but getting out on the farm or catching up with friends at the fishery is the tonic i need,

14 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i have never stated about stockpiling cartridges, it was more to relay the information that i received from JC on the situation that cartridge manufactures will have on their suppliers, as for the UK with the corvid 19 virus epidemic i am just as worried being of that certain age, tomorrow i shall be joining the oldies queue at tesco getting enough for my needs, lucky that i am in reasonable good health, but getting out on the farm or catching up with friends at the fishery is the tonic i need,

i couldn't see a problem with your post:good:

I have no problem with the post but I found the email pretty tactless.

I have a lung condition which perhaps makes me more tetchy about these things but when thousands are dying across Europe my first thought certainly isn't cartridge components.

Shooting is my life and livelihood but compared to life/death it's of no consequence.

WR.

7 hours ago, White Rabbit said:

I have no problem with the post but I found the email pretty tactless.

I have a lung condition which perhaps makes me more tetchy about these things but when thousands are dying across Europe my first thought certainly isn't cartridge components.

Shooting is my life and livelihood but compared to life/death it's of no consequence.

WR.

Well said, you put it across better than I did, It is not just JC my email inbox gets several similar emails a day even the local main agent for my car. When will they all realise this has the potential to get very serious very quickly for a lot of people and now is not the time to be try to sell a car service or new car.