Eley 22lr

Has anyone tried the newish https://eley.co.uk/eley-action-500-bulk-pack/ around £65 a 1000 in the bulk boxes

Or the https://eley.co.uk/eley-action-plus-500-bulk-pack/ around £77 a 1000

Thinking of giving one of them a try, and was wondering if anyone had any experience of them, good or bad.

Edited by Newbie to this

3 hours ago, Mr.C said:

Gave up on Eley 22lr after too many misfires. Admitted an old and well used target rifle but I was getting about 1 in 15 light strikes. Changed to RWS and not a one since. 

I use Sport in my target rifle and have never had any misfire. Must have put 2000 through it since I bought it. I've even ran them through my semi-auto without a hitch.

1 hour ago, Imperfection said:

I've bought their subsonics on many occasion. They have always worked well and have stopped rabbits perfectly good enough.

59 minutes ago, wishy735 said:

Have used about 2k of them, never had a problem. Good rabbit stopper.

Thank you both

Think I will get a box of 500 and give them a try, once we are allowed back out to play of course.

Edited by Newbie to this

The Eley Action is similar to CCI Standard, and the Eley Action Plus is similar to CCI MiniMag.

The first batches of Eley Action seemed to be OK. Fairly accurate and reliable, but the last lot I bought had so many FtF's that I gave up on them. I haven't tried Action Plus, so I can't comment on 'em.

21 minutes ago, Cheshirelad said:

The Eley Action is similar to CCI Standard, and the Eley Action Plus is similar to CCI MiniMag.

The first batches of Eley Action seemed to be OK. Fairly accurate and reliable, but the last lot I bought had so many FtF's that I gave up on them. I haven't tried Action Plus, so I can't comment on 'em.

Thanks

Maybe I'll give the action plus a try first. I can get them in a 50 box as well, so if it doesn't function as it should I only have 50 to get rid of.

1 hour ago, Cheshirelad said:

My mate had the same problem with eley action, primer compound wasn't all the way round the rim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22/03/2020 at 20:58, Newbie to this said:

Has anyone tried the newish https://eley.co.uk/eley-action-500-bulk-pack/ around £65 a 1000 in the bulk boxes

Or the https://eley.co.uk/eley-action-plus-500-bulk-pack/ around £77 a 1000

Thinking of giving one of them a try, and was wondering if anyone had any experience of them, good or bad.

Are you sure of the price,seem,s really cheap for  1k

On 24/03/2020 at 09:51, London Best said:

Eley subsonic just will NOT work in my old BRNO Mod. 2. Accuracy is fine if you can get one to fire. The rifle never misfires with any other brand I have tried.

I had a BRNO that was useless with them too. They fired OK but accuracy was awful, used Winchester instead which were great.

I have replaced the BRNO with a CZ and Eley are fine, or even very good tbh.