Hilux front diff- Any ideas?

turbo33

I have a 2014, Hilux invincible ( or not!) 49k on the clock. The front diff has a major problem internally, and needs replacing. 

Yes I know, shouldn't happen, but it has. Doesn't do/had any hard work. Only slipped into 4x4 on the occasional muddy farm track to go shooting.

The options are dire at the moment. Bay for one, high chance of pay cheap (900) pay twice, or OEM 2.5k!!!!!

And then finding someone to do it.....all I get around here is the sucked lips thing and total lack of enthusiasm!

So, any ideas, recommendations would be gratefully received.

Thanks Chaps!

just thinking out of the box and along the improve rather than just replace thoughts.  if its going to cost that much how about an ARB front air locker, (not sure if it supplies all the parts) its about 900ish and would be an improvement,  or an Detroit Truetrac front locker, about half the price?

Thank you for all the replies. 

Milner and Roughtrax can’t help. No replacements only basic rebuild kits; bearings and ring gear. 

Bizzare. Have had 6 Hilux’s over many years, all have done over 150k without the slightest hiccup. Still as they say, it is what it is, so just have to sort it out.

Thanks chaps. 

On 24/03/2020 at 23:20, Cyrus1988 said:

I know a guy who does Hilux diff rebuilds, if you want I can ask him for a price. He’s round Swindon way if that makes a difference. 

Thank you Cyrus. Theres a possibility that Toyota will investigate it, following me contacting them. Who knows when that can take place with the CV.  However, if that comes to nothing, I would be grate fun for his contact details.

Stay safe

T33