Hades in 22

strimmer_13

Generally out to 50 yds they are as accurate as  16 grn exacts .beyond  - not so much as the lower bc starts to show with extra drop .wind drift and dispersion. 

As far as expansion . (Havent tested them for this myself )but sub 12 the reports are that there isnt enough velocity . Id guess tho up to 50 yds fac would be ok  

177 hades would make much more sense at sub 12 .as the h+n hunter extreems at 9.5 grns are awesome and really hit rabbits hard out to 45 yds .even sub 12  

I'll try them in the cyclone up to 40 yards alongside airarms diablos. Might have some heavys here as well. 

Ill also whack a few through a rapid running at 32ftlb when I get the chance. 

Didnt know if they were a bit of a gimic, after looking at the heads on them, didn't think they'd expand much through sub 12, bit like the bisley pest control (tho granted they were heavy, and really only for fac I believe) 

Thing is pellets dont really expand much at all inside quarry irrespective of the speed or design .

Animals just arent made of stuff hard enough for expansion. 

The best energy transfer you can get from any pellet is a flat head .177 going as fas as possible when it hits . It wont expand much but it will flatten and compress somewhat and thats what does the damage .

The hades will kill better than the equivalent 16 grn jsb but the slight advantage wont make up for poor shot placement .

Small example i shot a pigeon at 10 yds with a 5.5 fpe superdome and killed it stone dead . (Got him in the neck lights out) my mate shot 2 jds with a 30 fpe .22  jsb exacts .they flew off .

Poor shot placement .

No amount of energy or pellet design will compensate for it .

Edited by Ultrastu

7 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Poor shot placement .

100% on that. Always has been with me. I'd rather drop the power and gain the accuracy. That's how I tune my springers if need be. 

But

Only last year I was on here about using the jsbs and not getting a thoroughly clean kill with my 22 on close range rabbits. Go for behind the eye, and every shot connected where I needed but couldn't figure out why it passed straight through when my old supersport would stop them dead. (Guessing the supersport was running about 9ftlb back then) My falcon in 177 didn't have any runners when I took that out the week previous. 

They went down but not 100% lights out, where I'm used to hop and drop. 

Ill try them out and see what happens then, I'll keep practicing and practicing but the cyclone seems quite pellet fussy, i must have 10 different tins in the draw for it. Unless I flog it and get a super 10 in 177....

53 minutes ago, Arron yeates said:

How do you test for bc if you dont no what it is then

I dont understand the question ?

I fire 5 pellets over 2 chronos one at the muzzle .the other at 20 yds .

The difference in velocity between the 2 is the rate of deceleration. And from that i work out an average Bc of the pellet .

Question answered lol. However what do you do, just input calculations into a formular or into a balistic app

Hope that made sense lol

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Top man. See the daft thing, jsb dont even know the bc of them as tgey dont state it anywhere

I've posted a few times about the Hades in .22

Check them over a chrono in sub12  I find they can add near on a foot pound over standard JSB Exacts or AAFD, unles I've got a dodgy undersized head batch.

On 24/03/2020 at 16:16, Arron yeates said:

How do you test for bc if you dont no what it is then

Speed drop from muzzle over known distance gives you your BC.

On 23/03/2020 at 19:23, strimmer_13 said:

What's the thoughts on hades. I've tried searching for previous threads and only found one about fac levels in 25. Got some in 22 delivered and wondering if its a gimic or are they as accurate as the other jsbs in sub12ftlb

This isn't a bad watch 

I've found the hades to be as accurate as jsb exacts in my sub 12''s