swarovski z6

crossy 666

I have a swarovski z6 scope that I fitted to my tikka t3 with a pair of optilock Scope mounts.  I have zero lots of scopes in my life with out to much trouble but no matter how much I tried I couldn’t get this scope to zero it just ran out of adjustment. In the end I gave up and took the rife and scope to a good friend of mine bob my gunsmith (RIP bob) who informed me that he had to machine the mounts to get the scope into a position to zero it. I assumed at the time that the problem was with the mounts and it never gave me any more problems after that but fast forward I have now removed the Swarovski to fit my thermal so decide today to fit the scope to my X bolt so different rifle and different mounts but have come across the same problem. I managed to get the adjustment up and down that  I needed but I have ran out of adjustment I need to the left. 

Unfortunately my good friend bob is no longer with us so have turned to the pigeon watch family to see if anyone else has come across this problem before and can give me any help ?

Hi crossy, 

i knew Bob and doubt he would give you duff info. 

There are a few things that would create this, but i doubt it would be on a Tikka, is the scope new ? it could be a bent tube, the mounts on the rifle untrue. Have you tried different mounts ?

Hi crossy, 

i knew Bob and doubt he would give you duff info. 

There are a few things that would create this, but i doubt it would be on a Tikka, is the scope new ? it could be a bent tube, the mounts on the rifle untrue. Have you tried different mounts ?

Have you centred the scope prior to mounting, how far out is it at around 100 yds/mtr, Swarovski  warranty is extremely good you could send it off and they will clean and check all the internals. 

I removed a scope from the rifle that I zero no problem. The problem I have is I need more left adjustment not up and down so don’t think it’s that mate.

I think the mounts will need to be machined to suit the scope again like bob had to do last time but I don’t know why the problem only occurs with this scope as it definitely wasn’t cheap. 

I’ve took it off to Norman Clark and hopefully he will sort it out. I know it’s the lazy way out but this is there job at the end of the day and my time is very limited. 
Thanks for all the advice tho