Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
johnphilip

Smk cp2

Recommended Posts

A while ago I asked about co2  rifles and pistols , well after a lot of reading I got the Smk victory  cp2  . In 177 ver.

Well not fired it much , but the look and feel of it is very good . Does feel quality built . The loading of the magazine  is a bit awkward  to you get used to it . I bought a Hawke red dot of a member  of another forum . Set it to 10 yards with the pistol set up . Shoots realy nice . Got a job lot of the co2 cartridges  so should last a while .

It's a bit cold outside at the moment  so fired it from me kitchen  door into my long  garden  at the ten yard target . The thing I forgot about was here in Scotland they have to be made secure  . Racked my brain for what to get to store it in . Came up with a Deed  metal storage box , this has now been bolted into my wardrobe.  It will only take the pistol , but that's fine . Looking forward to the warmer weather to play with the rifle set up . 

Fully recommended  it to anyone thinking of getting one , my local gunroom got it RFD to him . He was never into Smk stuff ,think he was quite surprised  at the quality of it . 

 

cp2.jpg

cp2 a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats nice .ive often considered one of them .do you know the power and shot count from a bulb ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They say around 40 , I counted 40 into a small container , dont think it was far away . Think there is a difference  between the two , but not by much . I got 100 bulbs of ebay for 29 pounds posted  so say 30 p each . A few good youtube videos on the set up . I am realy pleased with how it feels , it's better than I though , it would be .  Power is  are 5 in pistol and rifle around 8 , but this will depend on pellet  used . One guy on youtube did some tests , and one pellet took the pistol a little over the 6 . The thing you have to be careful of is not to fit the longer barrel without the stock  extension as it would still be classed  as a pistol , and shooting at around 8 or 9 . Very illegal  . 

Edited by johnphilip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, nice one John, remember the Pell oil ?

Yes I got some of ebay on your advice .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

In that configuration  is it shorter  than 600 mm ? 

Pistol max length without silencer 36cm
With silencer 48cm

Carbine length without 63cm
With 75cm
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, ok shame your not near i have a few capsules, 

It was  only a few quid , but thank you for the offer .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, johnphilip said:
Pistol max length without silencer 36cm
With silencer 48cm

Carbine length without 63cm
With 75cm
 
 

So that would be another  illegal  gun imported my smk from snowpeak industries .

If that gun can make +6 fpe with the longer barrel on it .

That fact that the silencer and longer stock is  easily removeable make it fall foul of the law  .

I got rid of an smk pcp pistol a few years ago for similar issues .i surgest that you return it back to the shop for a full refund  

Just re reading your info .and looking for a bit of clarity  

Is the gun with the pistol stock and longer barrel and no silencer shorter than 600 mm ? .

If so thats the issue IF  its plus 6 fpe  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No its 63cm according  to the blurb . . That is why I said you fit the stock extension before fitting the longer barrel ,  then it becomes a rifle , I would have though firearms dealers would not be selling these . At the risk of them been done for selling as such . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2020 at 13:12, Ultrastu said:

So that would be another  illegal  gun imported my smk from snowpeak industries .

If that gun can make +6 fpe with the longer barrel on it .

That fact that the silencer and longer stock is  easily removeable make it fall foul of the law  .

I got rid of an smk pcp pistol a few years ago for similar issues .i surgest that you return it back to the shop for a full refund  

Just re reading your info .and looking for a bit of clarity  

Is the gun with the pistol stock and longer barrel and no silencer shorter than 600 mm ? .

If so thats the issue IF  its plus 6 fpe  

It's been debated to death ..... you'll only fall foul of the law if you are using it in pistol form with longer barrel putting it over 6fpe 

On 24/03/2020 at 13:26, johnphilip said:

No its 63cm according  to the blurb . . That is why I said you fit the stock extension before fitting the longer barrel ,  then it becomes a rifle , I would have though firearms dealers would not be selling these . At the risk of them been done for selling as such . 

If you want some better mags to tighten your groups ... https://www.carm-magazines.com/magazine-for-cp2-air-co2-pistol-and-variants-smk-victory-spa-artemis-diana-chaser-bandit.aspx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, snipper said:

It's been debated to death ..... you'll only fall foul of the law if you are using it in pistol form with longer barrel putting it over 6fpe 

If you want some better mags to tighten your groups ... https://www.carm-magazines.com/magazine-for-cp2-air-co2-pistol-and-variants-smk-victory-spa-artemis-diana-chaser-bandit.aspx

Thanks for that , the mag to load was a bit awkward  at first , but got used to it now .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok  .if thats so .riddle me this .

The crosman 2250 is the origional co2 carbine rifle ,it has a long barrel and makes around 8 fpe..the plastic stock once  upon a time could be easily removed with 2 flat head screws and a pistol grip fitted in its place . (This would have made it a pistol in the eyes of the law and illegal .)

Around 10 years  ago crosman started to use a permanently fitted rivet to attatch the rifle stock on the frame .making it  not easy to remove .

Obviously to get around the "easy to remove /adjust / adapt "clause in uk law

Smk dont  care about the end user (never have done ) my mate bought a sub 12 smk pcp rifle that when tested made 18.5 fpe .he got a full instant refund .

But hey its up to you .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Ok  .if thats so .riddle me this .

The crosman 2250 is the origional co2 carbine rifle ,it has a long barrel and makes around 8 fpe..the plastic stock once  upon a time could be easily removed with 2 flat head screws and a pistol grip fitted in its place . (This would have made it a pistol in the eyes of the law and illegal .)

Around 10 years  ago crosman started to use a permanently fitted rivet to attatch the rifle stock on the frame .making it  not easy to remove .

Obviously to get around the "easy to remove /adjust / adapt "clause in uk law

Smk dont  care about the end user (never have done ) my mate bought a sub 12 smk pcp rifle that when tested made 18.5 fpe .he got a full instant refund .

But hey its up to you .

Fair comment but totally different? 

Regards the crosman or any other similar configuration because the stock can be removed it doesn't make it illegal but obviously if you use it with the long barrel and pistol grip it is ...

Regards the rifle  if it has an external power adjuster and "is capable" of exceeding 12fpe then it is illegal  ........ I know of one rfd that was just setting the P15's below 12fpe and that was that ..... they as you said could be wound up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess my stance is that i wouldnt risk having a section 5 firearm for the sake of an 8 fpe pistol .

Too much good things in my life to loose for just having such a palty weapon. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...