"im mainly wee willy winki"

ditchman

not to be outdone by Fat chaps thread....i found this old bedroom lamp in the shed which fat sarah used to have before she ran off wiv the mongolian throat singers...so im giving it a fettle........

wee willy winki 001tn_.JPG

wee willy winki 002tn_.JPG

wee willy winki 003tn_.JPG

wee willy winki 004tn_.JPG

wee willy winki 005tn_.JPG

wee willy winki 006tn_.JPG

Edited by ditchman

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gawd, that takes me back a fair few years, about 75 to be precise. We had a couple on the farm back in the end part of the war years and early 50s. Grandmother would light one up to go and fetch stuff from the cellar, never went down there it was scary.  Used the Hurricans out in the yard as you could hang those up on a nail in a beam whilst you calved a cow, not as I did ...just watched.  Cow would then gat a Black Drench from a small square sided ribbed bottle.

22 minutes ago, fatchap said:

There is an exact lamp in THE scariest pants changing horror film on Amazon movies at the moment. My advice Ditchman is once you have bought it back to its former glory, DON'T WHATEVER YOU DO- LIGHT IT!!! Just to be on the safe side:whistling:

oooooh do tell....................does it involve very rude sex and stuff..............its been a long time since i did an amazon at the flicks

Edited by ditchman

4 minutes ago, fatchap said:

No nothing interesting such as sex and stuff, more along the lines of demonic possession, ending in walking on all fours but the other way up. Scared the bejesus out of me mate. 

oh ...that dosnt sound very nice....................im still recovering from watching the excorsist when it furst come out in the 1970's

Just had a google of the name Allison on the bottom the lamp, And if its WD Allison they also made quite a bit of scary looking medical equipment, The extendable examination lamp in particular, the mind boggles where they used that. And the Medical examination chair looks like the stuff of nightmares if your a woman in need of an certain type of examination.

1 hour ago, fatchap said:

Just had a google of the name Allison on the bottom the lamp, And if its WD Allison they also made quite a bit of scary looking medical equipment, The extendable examination lamp in particular, the mind boggles where they used that. And the Medical examination chair looks like the stuff of nightmares if your a woman in need of an certain type of examination.

listen you will do yourself no good at all ...doing all this googling and boggerling

2 hours ago, vmaxphil said:

Looks like the one we had in the outside dunny when i was a kid, set fire to many a piece of newspaper messing about sat there 

woooowwww that was a bit risky wiv all that methane....and leg gas and stuff

9 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Haven't seen lamp kerosene for years, can you still get it.  Used to buy five gallon drums from the hardware store when I was a kid.

no problem with getting parafeen at all..................local hardware shop sells it as it is used a lot in greenhouse heaters....and you can still buy house heaters and parafeen fridges...

years ago they (young people) used to mix esso blue and cider together for a good night....:sick:

got the top part done ...washed the wick as it was hard and encrusted   and ironed it flat...then trimmed 3mm off the top and it feeds thro nice and easy.....

the bottom half (the tank) is fine except where the handle joins the body there is a small hole,,,,,so i will melt the solder on the handle fixings clean it all up and resolder it to the body

work progresses 

winky 001tn_.JPG

winky 002tn_.JPG

winky 003tn_.JPG

winky 004tn_.JPG

winky 005tn_.JPG

winky 006tn_.JPG

winky 007tn_.JPG

winky 008tn_.JPG

winky 009tn_.JPG

winky 010tn_.JPG

winky 011tn_.JPG

winky 012tn_.JPG

What have you sprayed on it?..........Cillit Bang or something?

father in law worked for a chemical company and got me some cleaner. Used it to clean some fans. FIL asked how it had worked. Said it was great but needed more as we had run out. RUN OUT he said, how much did you dilute it?       DILUTE,!       We used it neat, should have been 400:1

42 minutes ago, Diver One said:

What have you sprayed on it?..........Cillit Bang or something?

father in law worked for a chemical company and got me some cleaner. Used it to clean some fans. FIL asked how it had worked. Said it was great but needed more as we had run out. RUN OUT he said, how much did you dilute it?       DILUTE,!       We used it neat, should have been 400:1

Mr Muscle oven cleaner....................use it om everything.....................have a look at my recent mower thread........:good:

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, looking good Simon, i remember the old school soldering irons    what will you make one from, ?

Loved metal work at school  lesson before and after lunch . On returning after lunch one day I was making a copper pot . I want to get it brazed  goes over to set the bricks up to contain the heat . The bricks sort of stuck to my hands . The teacher had been doing a little job in his lunch break using the set up . The bricks  were still hot .  He was very sorry . Hell it hurt . . Happy day . Those old soldering  iron were heavy,  and for ever having to clean them .