FFP scope

PPP

22 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Whats a standard ?

im assuming its 2nd focal plane. No real downsides with either really, horses for courses, what are you using it for shooting wise ? 

Sorry yes, second focal plane.  It will be used for Deer and Fox predominantly.

It wont make much difference, what you go for. But if the reticule is on the thick side the more you zoom in the thicker it gets, this may obscure the target. On a 2nd FP it does not alter in size, this does have benefit if shooting small targets at longer range, allot of Long range scopes are 2nd FP, they are also FFP and no doubt someone will come along and say different. 

2nd FP scopes nowadays dont have the issues they used to have, like zero shift on different zoom settings, improved manufacturing techniques have removed most of those issues. 

Long range shooters say that 1st FP is better for judging distance and correction quickly for a second follow up shot, that's only really necessary if what your shooting at is shooting back at you. 

Loads more involved that that and we all have different ideas of what we need, and want,  and i really think that it wouldnt matter if you went either. 

8 hours ago, Rewulf said:

FFP  scopes can 'blow up' the reticule if you are using it with an NV add on.

My Falcon M18 was un unusable  even at 4x with a 16 mm Pard 007.

It's my go to scope on my 177 for my home made jobbie (16mm lens) and my Ward 800. Smashing scope, IMHO!!!