Theft....fuel

ditchman

That's very poor compared with the Henry Krank version which is machined aluminium but the problem with the release pin pressure is easily solved. When you have mounted the device onto a board, fabricate a lever to sit above the release/trigger mechanism and arrange things so that the length of the lever pull on it can give you the trigger sensitivity needed. Take the trip wire from the end of this lever and off you go. I've done two like this and they work well. Mine sits about 3" above the release pin and is connected with a length of braided 50lb sea fishing line.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Velocette said:

That's very poor compared with the Henry Krank version which is machined aluminium but the problem with the release pin pressure is easily solved. When you have mounted the device onto a board, fabricate a lever to sit above the release/trigger mechanism and arrange things so that the length of the lever pull on it can give you the trigger sensitivity needed. Take the trip wire from the end of this lever and off you go. I've done two like this and they work well. Mine sits about 3" above the release pin and is connected with a length of braided 50lb sea fishing line.

thats more or less what i will do.........i will mek a lever out of hardened O1 tool steel ..about 3" long...and also make a retainer to hold the cartrige in place....i will also take off alll the bad drilling swarfe smooth it up and weld some different clamping holes on it........:good:...i will also make a shroud to go around the cartridge....

cant understand why so many folk are looking at this thread............its only me you know :lol:

Edited by ditchman

In the old days of proper alarm mine’s they took a whole live cartridge paper in those days and were fired by a weight sliding down a bar 

obviously they fired into the ground ☹️
a friend came across one when he was trying to get a foot out of a gallon metal oil can with a x cut into the top that was buried in the path 🤔

unfortunately someone had carelessly positioned the alarm mine above the discarded turmbrell from a plough 🙄

how fast can anyone run with a gallon can jammed on there foot 

48 minutes ago, ditchman said:

thats more or less what i will do.........i will mek a lever out of hardened O1 tool steel ..about 3" long...and also make a retainer to hold the cartrige in place....i will also take off alll the bad drilling swarfe smooth it up and weld some different clamping holes on it........:good:...i will also make a shroud to go around the cartridge....

cant understand why so many folk are looking at this thread............its only me you know 

We are on lockdown  and need stuff to read , but I like pictures more😂😂

Edited by johnphilip

7 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

We are on lockdown  and need stuff to read , but I like pictures more😂😂

better off looking at Gordon on his motorbike rebuild..............that is truly awesome dude

50 minutes ago, gdadphil said:

Hi Ditchy,  the shroud could cover the whole contraption painted green, duly aged and say "Danger RAT Poison" so  the whole shebang (!)  could be left in plain view? 

cheers Gdadphil

i want to ....just for the craec make some napalm...and do a few tests .....rat poison is a bit tame

1 hour ago, Paddy Galore! said:

hi ditchy, just a thought, but you know when they clean the cow and pig sheds out they dump it in a field by the side of the road in a big heap, you could always go and get a bucket full of the "gravy" that comes off it and rig that up with your land mine, not quite skunk juice but nearly as bad.

ahhhhhh bisto.......................they call it liquor..:lol:

edit........even better "explosive liquor"...................now yer talking..............:sick:

Edited by ditchman

I remember watching a program where some guy had these paint mines made and planted them in his garden after being robbed repeatedly, he used like a UV paint so that the suspect could be identified by the peelers using a black light after stepping on one and filling his trunks after the boom. so even if he changed into fresh skiddies he would still show up under the black light with it staining his skin.

32 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

I remember watching a program where some guy had these paint mines made and planted them in his garden after being robbed repeatedly, he used like a UV paint so that the suspect could be identified by the peelers using a black light after stepping on one and filling his trunks after the boom. so even if he changed into fresh skiddies he would still show up under the black light with it staining his skin.

Something similar came recommended to my YouTube once. Someone stateside was was having trouble with poaches and set a similar trap. 

The reaction was priceless lol.

ere we go...............

first thing to do was to square it up....and grind the long edges off...take the cutting swarfe off.............bend it back into shape............and rough out and flattern the face of the trigger mech'...........and make the extended trigger lever.............i am using O1 GSF tool steel for the trigger lever ...as i will harden and temper it before fitting

i shall ponder a while now as to the next ...job..

take one 001tn_.JPG

take one 002tn_.JPG

take one 003tn_.JPG

take one 004tn_.JPG

take one 005tn_.JPG

take one 006tn_.JPG

take one 007tn_.JPG

take one 008tn_.JPG

take one 009tn_.JPG

take one 010tn_.JPG

take one 011tn_.JPG

take one 012tn_.JPG

take one 013tn_.JPG

take one 014tn_.JPG

take one 015tn_.JPG

take one 016tn_.JPG

take one 017tn_.JPG

take one 018tn_.JPG

take one 019tn_.JPG

take one 020tn_.JPG

take one 021tn_.JPG

take one 022tn_.JPG

take one 023tn_.JPG

take one 024tn_.JPG

take one 025tn_.JPG

take one 026tn_.JPG

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

ere we go...............

first thing to do was to square it up....and grind the long edges off...take the cutting swarfe off.............bend it back into shape............and rough out and flattern the face of the trigger mech'...........and make the extended trigger lever.............i am using O1 GSF tool steel for the trigger lever ...as i will harden and temper it before fitting

i shall ponder a while now as to the next ...job..

take one 001tn_.JPG

take one 002tn_.JPG

take one 003tn_.JPG

take one 004tn_.JPG

take one 005tn_.JPG

take one 006tn_.JPG

take one 007tn_.JPG

take one 008tn_.JPG

take one 009tn_.JPG

take one 010tn_.JPG

take one 011tn_.JPG

take one 012tn_.JPG

take one 013tn_.JPG

take one 014tn_.JPG

take one 015tn_.JPG

take one 016tn_.JPG

take one 017tn_.JPG

take one 018tn_.JPG

take one 019tn_.JPG

take one 020tn_.JPG

take one 021tn_.JPG

take one 022tn_.JPG

take one 023tn_.JPG

take one 024tn_.JPG

take one 025tn_.JPG

take one 026tn_.JPG

This could be interesting.

Are you going to need to add this to a FAC once finished. I went FAC as I feel the length may be too short for SGC.

:lol: