Shooting or Not?

psycho

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you that shoot in proximity of houses, remember that a lot of people will be off work and hopefully at home  That in itself is brassing a lot of people off, especially if they have kids too. The sound of someone shooting will hack them off even further, resulting possibly in phoning the Police.  I know that some of the farms that I shoot over, this would certainly be the case. They would at least be moaning to the Farmer. In order to avoid the unnecessary  hassle, I shall be stopping at home.

I shot all day monday i never saw a single person anywhere near the field i was on but on the way home in the car i saw many more walkers and joggers than normal obviosly stay at homes doing their best to avoid each other by 2m. I took the wife for a walk today and we were overtaken by a sweaty jogger 2m away and when she pulled in front with the wind blowing from her to us we could still smell her perfume  from 20yds in front i hope none of her sweat was airborne.definitely safer in my isolated pigeon hide.

Typical wishy washy bit of BASC advice. Just repeat back to us what the news has said with a few big words in and copy and paste in that well used sentence ‘we are seeking further clarity on the issue’.

The cynic in me thinks BASC would not have even done that if it was for this topic. 

Edited by zipdog

9 minutes ago, David BASC said:

Thanks for that, if you have a better repose , of have more recent information from ministers please post it rather than slagging me of for trying to help the shooting community

David

Keep up the good work David, It IS APPRECIATED!:good:

This is a similar response to the G L pigeon shooting shutdown we had last year , when it was in force and then we were looking for loop holes to get around it .

Now we are in a much more serious situation where the Prime Minister who is head of the the country ( apart from the Queen ) is pleading with everyone to stay at home unless it is absolutely  necessary to go out , except for the most vital reasons .

And now here we are again looking for ways around it , if we all comply to the rules hopefully this will soon be over and the ones who are still alive can get back to some sought of normality .

We will not run out of food because a few pigeons go on crop fields , so be sensible and give it a miss until this horrible decease get sorted out .

19 hours ago, oowee said:

? Each field planted by a farmer is not in itself essential. The collective of the actions is and crop protection is an important part of the whole. No individual action in itself is essential but if crop protection has a value in the food supply chain, maintenance of that supply chain is essential and there is no risk of contamination in my mind there is no argument against it. 

The BDS and other shooting organisations are coming out and saying that even they do not see it as ESSENTIAL, and are telling people to remain at home. 

As I said earlier, they can’t give a list of every single activity that’s ok to do, and once you exempt one, everyone else wants to go out and do their hobby. 

My family reported that Police had to go down the beach in Porthcawl yesterday and send a load of surfers home. Apparently they were really abusive to the Police, telling them that surfing was their 1 hour of exercise for the day. 

1 hour ago, David BASC said:

Thanks for that, if you have a better repose , of have more recent information from ministers please post it rather than slagging me of for trying to help the shooting community

David

Im not the one trying to persuade members of the shooting community to give me £80 per year to provide such a service. BASC's services are not for insurance as i get the same cover for £8 per year, they are suppose to go a long way beyond that. 

I suppose given BASC’s supposed political presence, supposed connections to senior politicians and cash reserves from member subscriptions, which could be used to seek legal clarification, it will only be a couple of days before your members have a detailed and useful report? 

Then again....

3 minutes ago, zipdog said:

Im not the one trying to persuade members of the shooting community to give me £80 per year to provide such a service. BASC's services are not for insurance as i get the same cover for £8 per year, they are suppose to go a long way beyond that. 

I suppose given BASC’s supposed political presence, supposed connections to senior politicians and cash reserves from member subscriptions, which could be used to seek legal clarification, it will only be a couple of days before your members have a detailed and useful report? 

Then again....

Very strong opinion there young man, at least i think that is what i can smell.

Not quite the same but many of us shoot and fish: Fishing was specifically mentioned as being "in breach" of present arrangements on yesterdays  BBC News (5pm) its on the iplayer, if you want to see it fast forward to 2hrs 02mins, its there.

For some reason cant seem to paste links on here!

Cheers

Aled

Edited by Aled

13 minutes ago, marsh man said:

This is a similar response to the G L pigeon shooting shutdown we had last year , when it was in force and then we were looking for loop holes to get around it .

Now we are in a much more serious situation where the Prime Minister who is head of the the country ( apart from the Queen ) is pleading with everyone to stay at home unless it is absolutely  necessary to go out , except for the most vital reasons .

And now here we are again looking for ways around it , if we all comply to the rules hopefully this will soon be over and the ones who are still alive can get back to some sought of normality .

We will not run out of food because a few pigeons go on crop fields , so be sensible and give it a miss until this horrible decease get sorted out .

Wise words MM! I would like to be out as drilling everywhere at mo. Not worth it! Do our bit and stay safe. I was out decoying locally Sunday  well out in the sticks and had a good day. But there were a lot of extra  people roaming about both on and off the foot paths. And they were just the ones i could see. Some pushing past my truck to get on track (not footpath "lost") and this was with me shooting near by. Strange times and a lot of twitchy folk about in the country. Many with kids. Cops don't need the stress of  a call out! Were having enough with rural crime/coursing my way as it was. Think there are only 4 on shift on a good day. Glad i live in countryside and have big ol ex council house garden, garage workshop and sheds to keep me busy. Can walk on to 3 perms from my house but don't seem right to be wandering around with a gun how some folk are at the mo. Seeing more folk wandering the fields from first light. One of my larsen traps disappeared the other day. Keep feeding the birds if you can folks! They are still in the hunger gap! Just seen a kite fly over the back of mine.     NB

52 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Very strong opinion there young man, at least i think that is what i can smell.

I was a BASC member for years but got continually fed up by there lack of real action so to speak.

Dont get me wrong, I would love BASC or any other countryside lobbying group to succeed and provide a good level of PR and lobbying pressure. If BASC got their act together I would rejoin in a heartbeat. 

Im not anti the ideas and principles behind BASC I’m anti what it seems to have become in recent years and only vocally speak out in the hope that they improve and we all can move forward together.

Edited by zipdog

Anybody who has a family member working in the NHS will know how terrible this virus is, it is a terrible death, stop being so selfish and irresponsible. Protect yourself and your loved ones , please stay at home and stay alive to shoot another day. 

However if you think you know best and do get stopped when out by the police don’t cry if they take your gun licence away.

19 minutes ago, decoyman said:

No, not even feeding. some of my syndicate members might but I am staying put for 3 weeks.

got an Airfix model of HMS VICTORY to build. Been in shed for years. 

They make lovely target for an old Webley pistol at ten mtrs.

How much more nonsense is going to be spouted by forum folk.

The guidance is to stay at home other than in specific circumstances.

Shooting of anything is not important enough to risk the lives of other folk on the front line of the the NHS etc.

People are losing their lives to the awful virus and all some very selfish folk can think about is potting a few pigeons.

Demonstrates what we have a shortage of at present.... common sense.

36 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

However if you think you know best and do get stopped when out by the police don’t cry if they take your gun licence away.

I sincerely hope the police do exactly that.

i've never heard such selfish drivel spouted by so called sportsmen in my 75 years. Some posters should be ashamed of themselves.

For the love of God, please stay at home.