Shooting or Not?

psycho

Look right now no one has said NO SHOOTING FOR PEST CONTROL or CROP PROTECTION if the CV Police approaches anyone out pigeon decoying, I mean it will be blooming obvious what they are doing, if not a brief explanation why they are out should suffice. 

7 minutes ago, Boristhedog said:

‘Less traffic on the roads means less accidents, less mileage in the car means less visits to the petrol station and reducing chances of spreading the virus at the pumps, paying the cashier, etc. The message is to stay in, folks 👍

This, to me, sums it up. Shooting in isolation may seem ok but when you consider the points quoted above you have to think again. 

Yes it’s a fair point,  let’s hope someone in authority can verify the situation PDQ.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, P.Shuter said:

.....and do you seriously believe that someone will answer their call ?

hello, i said might phone, i did not state that it would be answered

10 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i tried to contact DEFRA and Natural England but to no avail.

i have emailed the office i received my GL license from,  to be honest i think we will all have to home and stay safe like the Government advise

1 hour ago, Boristhedog said:

‘Less traffic on the roads means less accidents, less mileage in the car means less visits to the petrol station and reducing chances of spreading the virus at the pumps, paying the cashier, etc. The message is to stay in, folks 👍

This, to me, sums it up. Shooting in isolation may seem ok but when you consider the points quoted above you have to think again. 

Plus if you were unlucky enough to have an accident driving about the NHS and emergency services may not be their for you with all resources fighting the virus.

difficult I know being house bound for three weeks will be a nightmare but that’s what’s expected of us as I see it.

1 hour ago, P.Shuter said:

Look right now no one has said NO SHOOTING FOR PEST CONTROL or CROP PROTECTION if the CV Police approaches anyone out pigeon decoying, I mean it will be blooming obvious what they are doing, if not a brief explanation why they are out should suffice. 

Yes it’s a fair point,  let’s hope someone in authority can verify the situation PDQ.

Agreed no one has said no shooting but they are asking that we all avoid all unnecessary travel, so unless you live on the farm how will you justify such travel.

2 hours ago, wymberley said:

I can't see the problem. Michael Gove said earlier on the BBC that open air construction sites with due precautions can remain working. It must be difficult - if not downright impossible - for the legislators to get this absolutely right under very trying conditions and where they have not been before - at least in recent times. I don't suppose for one minute that the wishes of a slack handful of pigeon shooters is anywhere near the top of their priority list. By the very nature of our actions, we would not appear to be putting ourselves or anyone else at risk. However, such is that risk that seemingly common sense may well not be justified in this case in view of its complexity.

Because on the face of it there would appear to be no problem and as we are told that this could go on for quite a while, perhaps an approach for guidance from the voice of shooting could be made after that organisation has in turn sought advice on the shooters' behalf from the powers that be.

^^^^ This. Food production is essential work and there is no contamination risk. 

I rang my feo about this and all he told me was that they are just following government protocol 

But said it could be argued a few ways but said if o had to justify what I was doing or why I am doing it then it's best to just stay home 

He did say it wasn't made very clear it is a difficult one I am itching to get out myself but I feel for the time being it might be best just staying in till the the next update is given I support the lockdown as it will slow down the spread of the virus which is better the last thing we want is a fast increase in cases meaning a lack of medical supplies and staff to care for us which will lead to a high mortality rate 

Just my opinion from what I have seen and heard so far

My dad works for the government in Papua new Guinea mainly dealing with trade etc and he has told me that not going out unless absolutely necessary and to be strict with were you go etc and that at the moment till scientists have done enough work and research into it that slowing down the spread of it is the best thing to do

2 hours ago, P.Shuter said:

Don’t be an ****!!

The government doesn’t need to list absolutely every activity you can and can’t do. 

is going shooting absolutely essential? NO! So stay at home. 

The new restrictions inform the following:-

One form of exercise a day

Boris said"You should not be meeting friends. If your friends ask you to meet, you should say No."

But he said going to the park for a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household - was acceptable.

Is it reasonable to drive to a permission walk around for fitness and carry/ use a gun then get back in car and go back in the house after your one hour stroll. I am not on about setting up decoys,floaters flappers and the works for a days shooting

Edited by psycho

1 minute ago, Lloyd90 said:

Don’t be an ****!!

The government doesn’t need to list absolutely every activity you can and can’t do. 

+1 Some of the comments on here are unbelievable. People still fail to comprehend how serious a threat this is.

52 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Don’t be an ****!!

I don't think he is being an ****!

I see going shooting as no different to someone taking their dog for a walk. In fact, I see it as less risk to the public.

It was ridiculous the way that people were behaving, gathering in crowds on beaches etc, which is why we are where we are now.

I really don't see a lone pigeon shooter as an issue. 

54 minutes ago, psycho said:

Boris said"You should not be meeting friends. If your friends ask you to meet, you should say No."

But he said going to the park for a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household - was acceptable.

Is it reasonable to drive to a permission walk around for fitness and carry/ use a gun then get back in car and go back in the house after your one hour stroll. I am not on about setting up decoys,floaters flappers and the works for a days shooting

They have said, avoid travel unless absolutely necessary.

54 minutes ago, psycho said:

If you're out already, what harm is there in staying all day?

Just now, old'un said:

Walking the dog or exercising isn't "absolutely necessary" either.

7 minutes ago, motty said:

I don't think he is being an ****!

I see going shooting as no different to someone taking their dog for a walk. In fact, I see it as less risk to the public.

It was ridiculous the way that people were behaving, gathering in crowds on beaches etc, which is why we are where we are now.

I really don't see a lone pigeon shooter as an issue. 

Look the Government don’t have time to list absolutely every single thing you can and can’t do. 

As we have sent the public can’t be trusted to decide for themselves. 

if you pop out, then next door will pop out, and so on, and so on. 

I’m sure everyone on here loves going shooting, but it’s absolutely not essential. 

It’s not just you going out Thats the problem, it’s creating and feeding the idea that certain people can go out and not worry about it, and don’t have to stay in like the rest of us. 

That absolutely will cause more deaths! 

5 minutes ago, old'un said:

Yes but Boris has said it is acceptable to go out for fitness once a day to run, walk or cycle.

My permission is 1 mile away my nearest park that is still open is 5 each is a car drive..both provide a walk for fitness 

On one there will be only me.on the other there will be 100s all 6 feet apart with dogs..

Which is the safer

2 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Look the Government don’t have time to list absolutely every single thing you can and can’t do. 

As we have sent the public can’t be trusted to decide for themselves. 

if you pop out, then next door will pop out, and so on, and so on. 

I’m sure everyone on here loves going shooting, but it’s absolutely not essential. 

It’s not just you going out Thats the problem, it’s creating and feeding the idea that certain people can go out and not worry about it, and don’t have to stay in like the rest of us. 

That absolutely will cause more deaths! 

Like I have said, what is the difference between me (on my own with my dog) on a field, or someone walking a dog around a local park?

The people walking dogs are far more likely to come into contact with others.

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Don’t be an ****!!

What constitutes home

Is it your house or house and garden and drive can you tend to your garden or wash your car or sit in your garden or do you have to be housebound