Worried about New season 20/21 ducks

Gerry78

On 31/03/2020 at 07:11, nic said:

some people making comments about not paying subs to their clubs just in case..... season is 5 months away yet, but the leases etc will still need to be paid, bills to pay etc.

most clubs are likely to be able to come to some sort of arrangement to help members.

Hopefully we will all be out there and have a far better season than the last one which was my worst ever

I’ve only just joined a new duck club and with my license up in December il still be paying my membership whatever happens I think your right land owners etc will still need to be payed I think if this is on going or gets worse they could move the game season a month or 2 October or November I’m probably wrong wait and see 

19 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

I’ve only just joined a new duck club and with my license up in December il still be paying my membership whatever happens I think your right land owners etc will still need to be payed I think if this is on going or gets worse they could move the game season a month or 2 October or November I’m probably wrong wait and see 

moving the season would take an act of parliament as the date are set in law

• 5 weeks later...

A month on from the last post on this, and still locked down.

The Curve looks falter the R is lower and around 400 deaths today no idea. How any of this will interpret into us being safe to shoot in September.

The government are taking it a day at a time" the only way" and even a month latter although not negative to our case the unfolding data and any verdict is  far from clear just yet.   Wait and see.

Seeing how things are panning out am really beginning to think that I cant be bothered to waste time and money shooting reared game anymore, may as well shoot chickens. 

Will stick to fowling and get rid of my game kit once thing ease up a bit.

Unfortunately this current crisis ,unless they come with a vaccine ,could be with us for some time.In particular it will effect the older(sixty plus )members of the forum.Myself included are of an age when we will the last to be freed from the restriction which govern our activities at present.Under normal circumstances the members of my shoot would be carrying out work parties etc.My spring time rabbit control with the rifle won't be happening either.All looking a bit glum at the moment but let's hope the scientific bods come up with something to protect us from this awful illness ASAP and we can all get back to doing what we enjoy most.

4 minutes ago, grahamch said:

Seeing how things are panning out am really beginning to think that I cant be bothered to waste time and money shooting reared game anymore, may as well shoot chickens. 

Will stick to fowling and get rid of my game kit once thing ease up a bit.

I dabble on family farm , a bit of game shooting. But i only do that to be social i got verry little interest. I am not even bothered about pigeons like i was years ago. Wildfowl "Geese primarily" And foxing. Its all i really care about now. Still like rabbiting shotgun and rifles. But any serious involvement in game pigeon or deer stalking now for me is just dying a death .

I think i am having a major gun re hash too after this. I used to be 10ga for everything on shores occasional 8 and 4. but after non tox went strangely to 12s a bit more and then 20s. Still use 10, but only steel and only BBB i did some 2s and 4s in a nice 10 load , but stopped loading it. think i am going back all ten or more realistic mostly ten with 12s when i just expect no geese at all.

5 minutes ago, Tollerman said:

Unfortunately this current crisis ,unless they come with a vaccine ,could be with us for some time.In particular it will effect the older(sixty plus )members of the forum.Myself included are of an age when we will the last to be freed from the restriction which govern our activities at present.Under normal circumstances the members of my shoot would be carrying out work parties etc.My spring time rabbit control with the rifle won't be happening either.All looking a bit glum at the moment but let's hope the scientific bods come up with something to protect us from this awful illness ASAP and we can all get back to doing what we enjoy most.

Thats how i see this too, another thing will they want us moving around the country like going up to the northern firths fowling. i go up 7 to 8 times most seasons. Could be that’s not an option.

All we can do wait and see .

With 621 further deaths today and showing the U.K. as by far the worst affected country in the world on a per capita basis AND not forgetting that only a fraction of the population has been exposed to this virus and so these numbers WILL climb rapidly when lockdown is ended ... I have no expectation of there being a 2020/21 season.

8 minutes ago, PPP said:

With 621 further deaths today and showing the U.K. as by far the worst affected country in the world on a per capita basis AND not forgetting that only a fraction of the population has been exposed to this virus and so these numbers WILL climb rapidly when lockdown is ended ... I have no expectation of there being a 2020/21 season.

I started the post and it wasn’t meant to annoy anyone but that’s why I posted it Life more important than anything else But have to agree the virus showing no signs of being contained I’m starting to seriously think the government could suspend every recreational pursuits till 2021 But I hope not 🤞

2 hours ago, PPP said:

I think a lot depends how quick R drops. And when and how much they decide to move the Lockdown. It was always going to be about not breaking the NHS whilst keeping key work going. Italy did lock down harder but faired little if any better.   I think we are where we are today down to the thankfully minority who went out up the coast and out partying the last night of the pubs. Many towns cities saw big activity. them that weekend the fish & chip queue up at whitby etc. We can thank others for much of what we are seeing now.

My fear is a second flare up, if that happens we are to use an Americanism. Screwed .  

1 minute ago, lancer425 said:

I think a lot depends how quick R drops. And when and how much they decide to move the Lockdown. It was always going to be about not breaking the NHS whilst keeping key work going. Italy did lock down harder but faired little if any better.   I think we are where we are today down to the thankfully minority who went out up the coast and out partying the last night of the pubs. Many towns cities saw big activity. them that weekend the fish & chip queue up at whitby etc. We can thank others for much of what we are seeing now.

My fear is a second flare up, if that happens we are to use an Americanism. Screwed .  

You are right, inconsiderate individuals and arguably weak lockdown has put us in such a terrible state and the worst affected country globally.  There will undoubtedly be several peaks, it’s not possible only have one Peak unless we remain in lockdown until a vaccine is distributed to everyone, it’s just about taking turns to get sick which means that the recovery will bounce around and take a LONG time for the uk to be insulated against this virus.  Unfortunately, adopting a more open strategy in dealing with this (and at that point there was no right or wrong answer) has been proven to be the wrong call, magnified by ####s 

2 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

I started the post and it wasn’t meant to annoy anyone but that’s why I posted it Life more important than anything else But have to agree the virus showing no signs of being contained I’m starting to seriously think the government could suspend every recreational pursuits till 2021 But I hope not 🤞

Hi, not annoying anyone it’s just how it is... there is a possibility 2021 could be pretty FUBAR in any event, that’s without thinking about the economy or the orange clown firing nukes at the bat eaters!

3 minutes ago, PPP said:

You are right, inconsiderate individuals and arguably weak lockdown has put us in such a terrible state and the worst affected country globally.  There will undoubtedly be several peaks, it’s not possible only have one Peak unless we remain in lockdown until a vaccine is distributed to everyone, it’s just about taking turns to get sick which means that the recovery will bounce around and take a LONG time for the uk to be insulated against this virus.  Unfortunately, adopting a more open strategy in dealing with this (and at that point there was no right or wrong answer) has been proven to be the wrong call, magnified by ####s 

But we can without doubt see some progress has been made, we dont have a lot of options, and its not certain it could have been done much better not even in hindsight.  Italy did bad and Spain the same, we did keep schools open jobs running kept NHS staff at work, Yes a gamble but it always was going to be Economically , we are probably in decent shape down to our approach at this. Its not so much we were bolstering up the economy on dead victims, but more like Supporting the NHS making sure it did not fail. And it has kept going.

Sony but Poor old Italy did not have that option. and the states ? Well GOD is their only chance they wont cope look at New york.

We are where we are, Its us not some other generation. Back on topic , i am not that optimistic, but its if their plan works. no country is in the exact same place on this road, by the time we get to the VERY END "when/ wherever that is" we might not look just as bad.  Most important thing Stay safe .

Progress has been made, but, I’m really concerned what will happen as restrictions lift and people do as they wish, there are still selfish ####s ignoring rules and doing as they wish including people in my extended family and (ex) friends. The more freedom people have the more that urine extractors will extract urine...

You have to admit that allowing the chelt festival to go ahead (I’m from chelt) and 6 nations together with the advance notice of pubs and clubs closing allowing people out partying or going away for the weekend was a garbage idea ..

2 hours ago, PPP said:

Hi, not annoying anyone it’s just how it is... there is a possibility 2021 could be pretty FUBAR in any event, that’s without thinking about the economy or the orange clown firing nukes at the bat eaters!

👍👍👍